This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    and i'm thinking ... if that person couldn't even remember WHERE the flight was going to?... maybe it wasn't the ticket-holder anyway but some stalker or person with evil ideas trying to figure out where the ticket-holder was going to.

and besides... the person only had the last name? no first? that adds on suspicion for me at least
    Oh definitely. Besides, surely they could have at least made a guess about the *departure* point? Here's a clue - it's usually quite close to where this person lives! Bonus points if it's in the same country (or even state).

In Britain, for example, there are four likely possibilities - Manchester, Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted. Three of those are "in" London, so you could probably play dumb and pretend to be confused about which one of those it is - so guessing "one of the London ones" would give you better than even odds. There's about a dozen lesser airports scattered around as well, but those are much less likely.

In Finland, it's even simpler. You are flying from Helsinki-Vantaa, period - unless you're on Ryanair (who only fly from Tampere) or using a domestic transfer flight.

BTW, most immigration officials will ask you where you came from and/or where you're going to. It's a simple protection against human trafficking, I think. So if you *are* the traveller and can't answer such a simple question... you're in trouble.

Comment

If someone's just handing you their last name that sounds like a social engineering scam to get a confirmation number out of you. At the very least they may be trying to find out what flight a certain person's on, and in this case I can only think of malicious reasons for that, in your case. They really should be able to get such information from friends, family or colleagues.

In this day of internet check in I'm surprised this occurence is common. Unless as I said, someone's being bad.
      I am Evil Queen's sex slave. It pays well.

Yes, I will fix your computer. Compensation is appreciated.
      Current Data = 2.0 TeraBytes

Comment

Working...
      X