Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I mentioned before, but I never had an SC tell me they were recording the call, and if I had, I likely wouldn't have cared. It would've pretty much been a, "Oh yeah? Well me too!" kinda feeling.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

If the call center can record, so can the caller. Only seems fair.
      Fair to who? It wouldn't be fair if a person started video taping me in a store working without my knowledge despite the store having video cameras anyways. Also, who knows what she will do with the tape. She can use this against me and have me fired or something, despite the fact no crimes were commited here, except some numnut who gave the sub the wrong balance to pay.

She can even go to court with it and practically sue me not that she will win anyways since the only thing that I told her was that she had a write off balance which even says on our SYSTEM anyways. She even told me that she is holding ME responisble. Yeah whatever, bitch.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
        Now, folks, isn't it ILLEGAL to be taping a convo without the person's consent?
        As others have mentioned, most likely not.

I wouldn't worry about this woman. If she tries to use the recording to get you in trouble, I would think her rudeness and threats would pretty much put the kibosh on that.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

On the difference between "will" and "may":
          If the recording at the beginning says the call will be recorded, that could be taken as a promise to record the call. Therefore, that word would only be used by companied that intend to record every call.
          "May", however, only indicates the possibility. If I ask for your permission to borrow your car on Tuesday and you grant it, I don't have to take your car, but you have agreed that I may take your car. Same deal here. So companies that do not intend to record every call will all use "may", because it does not obligate them to record each call, but some companies that do intend to record every call might use "may" also.

I actually have never heard a recording that used the word "will", and I can see why even companies that intend to record all calls would prefer to use "may": mistakes happen, and "may" carries less obligation.

Comment

Also, who knows what she will do with the tape. She can use this against me and have me fired or something, despite the fact no crimes were commited here, except some numnut who gave the sub the wrong balance to pay.
            She could only use it to get you fired if it shows you doing something that you could get fired for doing.
            And since you knew you were being recorded, you don't have any expectation of privacy that I can see.

You're upset because she said it in a threatening way, and you took it as a threat. Nobody likes being threatened.

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
              I actually have never heard a recording that used the word "will", and I can see why even companies that intend to record all calls would prefer to use "may": mistakes happen, and "may" carries less obligation.
              They use "may" to get around the rules for two-party consent states as it's legal wiggle-room.

Anytime you hear "Your call may be recorded.....", you can bet it will be.

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

IThe convsersation took a BAD turn when she stated that she was taping this whole conversation WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE! I know for a fact that my company records the conversations anyway hence the "for quality assurance, this call may be recorded" but this bitch had the gall to tape this convo without my consent. She didn't even BOTHER to ask me if it was okay to tape the convo.

Now, folks, isn't it ILLEGAL to be taping a convo without the person's consent?
                It depends where the two of you (you and the SC that is).

Some states, Nevada in particular where Comedy Central's Crank Yankers was produced, only one party's consent is required.

If Miss Congenality is in one of those states there is no law broken.

Furthermore (barring some serioulsy skillful editing), this will work more agaist her than you. She will audibly be verbally abusive on the recording.
                Last edited by taxguykarl; 10-03-2008, 04:24 PM.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                  They use "may" to get around the rules for two-party consent states as it's legal wiggle-room.
                  Actually, if they say that to callers, it fulfills the 2-party consent laws if you stay on the line. They have advised you of the recording, and you have given tacit approval by staying on the line.

Isn't law fuuun?
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    I'll leave aside about recording laws and such if everyone else will too.
                    I asked nicely once. I won't again.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I was under the impression it was illegal in all states. I checked out the link---thanks. It is illegal in my state.

Comment

Working...
                      X