Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure Geek King is right: it's not illegal to serve booze to your own underage child in the US.

I'm almost certain that's how it works. So if it's not illegal for your underage kid to drink in your presence, why would they need to be carded?

Comment

lets see

it was back in the late 1970's when the Federal Goverment did the trnasportation funds mandated 21 drinking age thing. I believe the states had like 4 years to comply. ALL states had to comply or loose thier Federal $$$$$'s

This was when I was 16 or 17 back in 1976 or 1977. pissed me off since the state accross the river was 18 and the state I lived in was 19. I do remember that when my senior HS class went to Hawaii the age there was still 18 and some COULD drink legally.

as to the sales. when I worked at the gas station the rule was (both for tobacco and alcohol) was that anyone present at the time of the transaction was part of said transaction -- meaning they were IN THEORY in on the purchase and we by state mandate were required to card all persons no exceptions. they (state or county or city) occasionally did sting ops so we HAD to follow procedure or get fined/fired/jailed. and yes the legal penelites were harsh for the seller who failed or got caught

I had many people try and do straw or proxy purchases and when the ID thing came out I heard much whinning and complaining. this was esp true when I tried to card someone and they said no ID and I said NO tobacco or booze. they then when out to the car and tried to get someone else to buy for them. NOT HAPPENING. much whinning and threats insued
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I've been there, albeit not with alcohol, but rather with cigarettes. Had to refuse a sale when it became plainly obvious that they were being bought for a minor. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with tobacco products anymore.

Unfortunately, I have to deal with the people purchasing Plan B®. While I've not had to refuse the sale of it yet, I know what happened and they know I know. Awkward. That's not to say I haven't wanted to refuse any sales of it, but when the pharmacist tells you that you can sell it to a man who's 18 or over... (still think that's wrong)
        Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

I'm sorry people, but there's too much debate about what the law is, whether it's any good, it's spiralling to other types of laws, and almost no talk about the SC. Laws and their worthare a subject for Fratching, and I don't think this one can get on track. Sorry.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
          X