This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay....

Saturday night, I had this 40 + year old woman come in. She looked terrible. Very miserable. I asked her if she was feeling alright (stupid question).

She tells me that she's pregnant. She tells me how terrible her morning sickness is and all she can keep down is ginger ale. She then proceeds to tell me that she's getting an abortion this Monday. She then tells me every single reason she wants an abortion, tells me why abortion is right. She tries to justify her decision.

She leaves and says, "Remember: birth control is not 100 percent effective."

I am left to wonder how in the world did I get myself involved in that? I did not argue with her, or even comment, on her getting an abortion. Yet, she acted like she had to prove to me that abortion is right. All I asked her is if she was feeling alright.

Earlier that day, older lady comes in. Walks through the store. Takes her time. Gets to the register. "Can you hurry up. My father is in the hospital dying. I have to be there with him."

Something was just twisted that day.
    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Quoth blaubent View Post
    Earlier that day, older lady comes in. Walks through the store. Takes her time. Gets to the register. "Can you hurry up. My father is in the hospital dying. I have to be there with him."
    What the HELL was she buying?! It better have been a defibrillator or the like!
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Sounds like that first lady was trying to convince herself. Remember, the less certain you are about something, the more often you have to repeat your reasons.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth blaubent View Post
        She leaves and says, "Remember: birth control is not 100 percent effective."

I'm proof of that!!!!!!!!

But then, most if not all forms of BC say that it's not 100% effective...
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think the Irony Fairy was in your neighborhood today .

Let it be...let it be, let it be, let it be...For there will be an answer, let it be.

Cute
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

I know a couple forms that are 100%. The personality of some guys I know is a great repellant.
            Also, being a really nice guy. It's not like I'm bitter or anything, really.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              I know a couple forms that are 100%. The personality of some guys I know is a great repellant.
              Also, being a really nice guy. It's not like I'm bitter or anything, really.
              There ARE women who go for the nice guy over the "hot" guy. I'm one of them (married now, to a basically nice geeky type).
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

... except abstinance

I also went for the nice guy. But ... um ... well, I think he's pretty hot anyway. And it's not like I had lots to choose from.

Dying dad in hospital? That pack of cookies you're buying better be his dying wish. She just wanted to offload guilt.

The first customer? As BJ said - self justification. She has chosen her path, but doesn't really believe in it 100%. Perhaps she 'knows' it's the right decision for her right now, but 'feels' abortion is 'wrong', so has to keep justifying it to herself.

Comment

One thing that is 100% effective as birth control is homosexuality.

And ironically the people who are against sexual education, contraception, and abortion are also against homosexuality.

Who has less babies than gay couples!?!?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                    ... except abstinance
                    Vasectomies and tubals come close enough to 100%, too.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                      There ARE women who go for the nice guy over the "hot" guy.
                      Not in this town
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                        There ARE women who go for the nice guy over the "hot" guy. I'm one of them (married now, to a basically nice geeky type).
                        My boy is both hot and nice :P
                        well, at least I think so. but he's also a total, complete classical music nerd.

okay, sorry, that added nothing to the thread but he just built me a futon and so I am extra happy

...I think the second lady may have been going through a combination of incredible grief and exhaustion. It'll make you do strange things and prioritize poorly.

Comment

Beards seem to be a killer as far as starting relationships go. I have no intention of trimming mine.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            Beards seem to be a killer as far as starting relationships go. I have no intention of trimming mine.

Rapscallion
                            Thats not true Raps, my b/f has a beard, and he hasn't trimmed it or anything for well over 3 mos. The thing is in the process of coming to terms with it's own conciousness currently. He had a beard when we met too, just not a sentient one, and I still gave him a chance. In the 4+ years we have been together he shaved it off once, and I forbid him from ever doing it again.
                            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Bugger, bugger, damn and blast...

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X