Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay. Beards. I am bebearded, and have been since the age of fifteen.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth blaubent View Post

Earlier that day, older lady comes in. Walks through the store. Takes her time. Gets to the register. "Can you hurry up. My father is in the hospital dying. I have to be there with him."

Something was just twisted that day.

Ah, Customer Time. I manage a truck stop. We get drivers who pull up to the pump, fiddle around in their trucks for a while get out, fuel their trucks, get back in their trucks, fiddle around for a while, saunter in, wander around the store for up to an HOUR, saunter up to the counter, realize they left their payment card in the truck, wander back out to the truck, wander back in, wander around the store for a while, saunter up to the counter, realize they forgot their information (truck number, trailer number, mileage, reefer hours, license plate number, shoe size grandmother's maiden name, etc..) wander BACK out to the truck, wander back in, wander around for a while (You guys sell COFFEE! WOW!), wander up up to the counter, and say...

"And make it snappy, I'm in a hurry!"
      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Pray, let me not end up with that first lady at my register before the end of the month. Being rather pregnant myself right now, I'd really rather not listen to a discourse on why her choice for abortion is the right one (regardless of anyone's viewpoint, it would just bother me right now).

Customer Time is also what causes them to stand in line for one minute with one of the fastest cashiers in the store, then whine they've been waiting an hour.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          ... except abstinance
          ::giggle:: Yep, except for Mary. (A friend of mine once used that as a counter-argument when I was explaining my position on abortion, various forms of birth control, etc. I feel like I'm killing the joke, but it was horribly funny at the time.)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Who has less babies than gay couples!?!?!?
            Having worked in a sperm bank, I can assure you that there are quite a few same-sex couples having children, though they were mostly female couples.
            0 Coffee! Thou dost dispel all care, thou are the object of desire to the scholar. This is the beverage of the friends of God. -In Praise of Coffee, 1511

Daranacon - because we're not crazy enough

Comment

Quoth Kelly Lynne View Post
              ::giggle:: Yep, except for Mary.
              I have a theory on that.... PM if interested.

Comment

We had a guy not too long ago that wanted to do a bunch of time-consuming stuff to his plan, and troubleshoot his phone for a problem that had no effect on his ability to use the phone. OK, no problem, except that every other minute he would complain that he had to get back to the hospital because his father was dying. And you are here upset about your ringtones because...?
                Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  I'm proof of that!!!!!!!!
                  Me too.

Sounds to me as if the poor woman wasn't quite sure if she really wanted to do that.

Still, it's frightening that we have people walking around sharing personal information with total strangers. Way too much TMI for me.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Actually, the clinical trials of the male birth control implant/injection is proving to be more effective than the pill is!

Should be out by late 2007, if all goes well.
                    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                      Still, it's frightening that we have people walking around sharing personal information with total strangers. Way too much TMI for me.
                      What I really hate is having to hear all that TMI *over* my MP3 player on the bus/train while someone's screaming into their cell phone and forcing everyone in the vehicle to hear every detail, even the ones with personal audio going.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                        Beards seem to be a killer as far as starting relationships go. I have no intention of trimming mine.
                        My ex-fiancee, when we were engaged, told me point blank that if I ever shaved my goatee, she would break up with me immediately. Since most people prefer me with the goat than without, excluding my best friend and my mother, but including most women and the most important person--me--I had no problem with that. Naturally, in my extremely emotional state after she did dump me later, I shaved the thing off. When I walked into work that day with a clean-shaven face, my one friend JA looked at me and said, "You're really having trouble with this thing, aren't you?" I was.

Of course, that lasted all of two weeks before I grew it back again. Come to think of it, I have had this thing for eight years now, minus the three times I was clean-shaven, for four weeks total.

Quoth LdyJedi View Post
                        Having worked in a sperm bank, I can assure you that there are quite a few same-sex couples having children, though they were mostly female couples.
                        Yes, but my point is still valid. Who is having LESS children than homosexuals?

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                        Actually, the clinical trials of the male birth control implant/injection is proving to be more effective than the pill is!

Should be out by late 2007, if all goes well.
                        And how much is that going to cost versus, say, vasectomies? Confirmed non-parent uncles want to know!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

That's why I NEVER really ask anyone how they are doing if they seemed bummed. (yes I know its good to ask sometimes) but I PREFER NOT to know your entire family history or what a past boyfriend/girlfriend did wrong to you. NOT my business . Its not that I do not care...its just that I cannot stop what I am doing to sit down and have a conversation....I have work to do and its bad enough with the manager watching you plus with an 'upset' customer telling you thier entire life saga.... no thanks.
                          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

One of the many joys of the cable business is getting to hear people tell me things I wouldn't tell my psychiartrist. What makes it all the worse is when they say, "What do you think of that?"... and wait expectantly for my reaction. That wouldn't be such a bad thing, but we're not allowed to say, "I think you're totally f****d up... Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            Also, being a really nice guy. It's not like I'm bitter or anything, really.
                            Things could be worse. I was whining about the whole "nice guy" thing this weekend to a friend. "How would you know anything about that?" she said. "You're not all that nice of a guy."
                            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              Beards seem to be a killer as far as starting relationships go. I have no intention of trimming mine.

Rapscallion
                              Mmm...I love facial hair! Reowr!
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth dragonflygrrl View Post
                                We had a guy not too long ago that wanted to do a bunch of time-consuming stuff to his plan, and troubleshoot his phone for a problem that had no effect on his ability to use the phone. OK, no problem, except that every other minute he would complain that he had to get back to the hospital because his father was dying. And you are here upset about your ringtones because...?
                                Well, you see, he has to have his ringtones because every person on his list has a different ringtone assigned to them. If he can't hear that different ringtone, that may mean he might actually have to look at the phone to see who is calling thereby taking his eyes off his father for a few seconds! (tee hee)
                                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X