This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seanette View Post
    What I really hate is having to hear all that TMI *over* my MP3 player on the bus/train while someone's screaming into their cell phone and forcing everyone in the vehicle to hear every detail, even the ones with personal audio going.
    Augh! I loathe that! Don't people realize that there are others around when they are in PUBLIC on a cell phone. I do not need to know the results from the lab, or that your kids are home alone, or that your hubby, b/f, g/f, whatever is cheating on you, or that you have this huge rash down there and you don't know where it came from...

The killer part of people like that is when I look at them sideways due to the fact that I was just privy to TMI, they look at me as if I am the one in the wrong for listening to their private conversation that everyone else on the bus heard as well!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
      That's why I NEVER really ask anyone how they are doing if they seemed bummed. (yes I know its good to ask sometimes) but I PREFER NOT to know your entire family history or what a past boyfriend/girlfriend did wrong to you. NOT my business . Its not that I do not care...its just that I cannot stop what I am doing to sit down and have a conversation....I have work to do and its bad enough with the manager watching you plus with an 'upset' customer telling you thier entire life saga.... no thanks.
      (Kitten - on a side note, your avatar is adorable! Everyone's avatar that has a puddy tat on it is just so cute - but the kitten ones make my heart melt!)

In my line of work, I deal with people over the phone and they aren't calling me unless their car is broken down which can make a good day turn into a bad day really quick. Sometimes, the breakdown is the icing on the cake for an overall bad day and I not only become the person who can send a service truck, but I become the psychologist/counselor/therapist who sets out a couch and listens while they tell me, tearfully/angrily/woefully, how bad their day was. It's those times that I put on my coat of shining armor and gleefully tell them to "never fear, I am here" and save the day!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        Mmm...I love facial hair! Reowr!
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2787

I grow it extra long for that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
          Well, you see, he has to have his ringtones because every person on his list has a different ringtone assigned to them.
          I finally figured out how to do this on my phone, actually, after months of telling my friends my phone was unable to do that. I'm not the brightest jester in the court, okay? Anyway, I haven't gotten too elaborate with it. I DO have all my magician friends assigned to Heart's "Magic Man."

But the reason I love this feature is now I have assigned the perfect song to my SC older sister, aka the Wicked Witch of the West: The Imperial March from Star Wars. You know...Darth Vader's and the Emeperor's "evil" music. Somehow seems appropriate for her.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth LdyJedi View Post
            Having worked in a sperm bank, I can assure you that there are quite a few same-sex couples having children, though they were mostly female couples.
            Hmm...so how many male couples came in looking to have children...or would they have to go to a uterus bank?

Sorry, I hadda

BTW, I prefer my DH to keep his beard!
            Last edited by Primer; 10-04-2006, 06:44 PM. Reason: wanted to try to get the new sig in
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              Beards seem to be a killer as far as starting relationships go. I have no intention of trimming mine.

Rapscallion
              Yeah, you sure need every little bit of help you can get, right?
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

After the attempt made on my bachelorhood this weekend by a chum (a father of nearly seventeen months), I think I do need the help.

I mentioned him at break today, and someone asked if this now meant I would be on the prowl. I replied that I was going to get a T-shirt made up with the words 'Ask me about the male menopause' and mail it to him.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  \

But the reason I love this feature is now I have assigned the perfect song to my SC older sister, aka the Wicked Witch of the West: The Imperial March from Star Wars. You know...Darth Vader's and the Emeperor's "evil" music. Somehow seems appropriate for her.
                  Odd, that's the ringtone my brother has for me and my mom

But then, this is a man who's phone makes the little tricorder opening noise when he flips it open, too....

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    And how much is that going to cost versus, say, vasectomies? Confirmed non-parent uncles want to know!
                    Well I plan on having kids in the future and there's no guarantee that a vasectomy is reversible. But if you figure out that a vasectomy costs about $500-700 and the reversal is easily four or five times that, I would gladly do the implant and shot.

I don't want a weekend of fun turning into eighteen years of hell.
                    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

I have no plans of being a father, which is why I was wondering how much the implant/shot would cost vs. the vasectomy.

I have three, count 'em THREE teenage nieces right now. If ever there was an argument against having children, I have it in triplicate! I love 'em all, but to deal with them on a permanent daily basis? No way!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                        Hmm...so how many male couples came in looking to have children...or would they have to go to a uterus bank?
                        Or do they consult Rent-a-Womb?
                        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=2787

I grow it extra long for that.

Rapscallion
                          Well, now, I don't like LONG beards. Bushy is okay but when you can braid it or put it in a rubber band...no.

Also, I like the well groomed. My last boyfriend had a big busy beard that he never kept up well...it equaled getting poked in the mouth and nose by his whiskers when we kissed. Ouch!

Comment

It was more thick than long. Ree, GK, TA? Anyone feel like commenting on the bushiness or otherwise of my beard back then?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                              There ARE women who go for the nice guy over the "hot" guy. I'm one of them (married now, to a basically nice geeky type).

My guys a cutie and a "nice guy" even if I have to remind him of that some times....

bad boys do nothing but make you miserable and while ive had crushes, only two have tempted me on dates and they most certainly did NOT get a second one!
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I guess I have the best of both worlds. Geeky, nice and possessing a set of hot, tight buns!

Comment

Working...
                                X