Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repsac, that grill story is hilfreakinglarious!

"IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER! REPSAC HAS THIS WON!" [My apologies to the Clones.]

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I tried to get a pic of the event today, but manager said not gonna happen. They were taken with the store's Loss Prevention camera. Oh well.

Repsac, you definitely win this thread.
      I tell my friends not to sweat the SC's to much, kharma will get them.

That story is funny and scary at the same time.

And who of us could ever forget Vinegar Boy Saga.
      BTW, it was the first thread I ever saw on here. Many hacks ago.

CM
      Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Wow, there's no way I can top Repsac's story!

Anyhoo, my story is about a sucky cow-irker lying.

One night we were getting ready to unload a truck, and I had to take the forklift outside to bring in some pallets. On this particular night, it was snowing moderately and there was quite a bit of snow accumulated outside.

Somehow I managed to get the forklift stuck and had to run back inside to get somebody to help me push the forklift out of the rut. I directed the other guys back there to keep setting up, because I only needed one person to help me.

So we went outside and tried to dislodge the forklift. Then, one of the other guys in the backroom decided it would be really funny to run outside and start throwing snowballs at us.

It just so happened that the LP guy was watching the cameras at this time, and he caught this guy running outside and throwing snowballs. So he went back to confront us on what happened. The snowball thrower tried to blame it on me and said I was the one throwing the snowballs.

So the LP guy had us come into his office and played back the camera footage, in which sucky-cow-irker could clearly be seen running outside, packiong snowballs and throwing them. He got a write-up for that.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Lesseeee.....
          A pharmacist that isn't at our store anymore tried to get me in trouble with the manager by calling him and telling him that I was 10 minutes late, even though I clocked in right on time. God, she was such a spaz.

Had quite a few people try to pass me fake prescriptions, or try to alter refills on prescriptions, etc. I think my favorite was a guy who stole some prescription blanks and tried to write himself a script for Ritalin, but did a craptacular job of it.

There's also a lot of people who will go pharmacy and/or doctor shopping. The smart ones will have multiple doctors on the hook for narcotics but will ony use one pharmacy for each doctor's prescriptions, thus avoiding the warning flags that come up for total usage and multiple prescribing doctors.

We had one a few months ago who would call in her own prescriptions, impersonating one of the doctor's staff, and would show up to pick them up before we could confirm what was going on. We caught her the last time, and the doctor kicked her off contract and we reported her to the police. Ha, and ha.

Comment

Grill Projectiles? Propane tank Rockets? State Trooper in the line of fire?

Day-am...You win this one squirrel

Mongo
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I think I posted this somewhere here before.

When members call in with a service call, we make documentation right in the call as to any particulars for that call. Every time they call in we are supposed to document the issue that they have called in with.

I get this lady who called in for service. Our policy states that if the vehicle is operable, we don't send out service. Our service is for emergency roadside assistance, not convience. In other words, you can't use our service to merely tow your vehicle in for an oil change, routine maintenance, etc. We are for emergencies.

Another policy - our service trucks DO NOT enter impound lots. Most of these lots are not very well cared for and damage can take place to the trucks.

According to the notes in this call - this vehicle was both operable and sitting on an impound lot. The other notes stated that the member who wanted it towed was not on location (another thing that is stated in the policy - member has to be there) and another note stated that the reason the member wanted it towed is because her husband's drivers license wasn't valid. She called back quite a few times and there was a note in the call stating that a supervisor in one of our other branches specifically denied service for this member and it was stated in the call not to provide service.

She argued with me. I declined service. She changed her story several times. I read to her the notes I was looking at that stated we cannot provide service. She asked me if I was going to believe the notes from my supervisor or her!
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Crap, I shouldn't have even posted mine. I posted it and then went back and read the rest of the posts...squirrel...you gots this one, babe!
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                  Propane tanks HATE being dropped from a truck at seventy miles per. They hate it greatly. This tank lost it's protective ring on one bounce, and then it's nozzle on the other. Of course, this effectively turned the tank into a rocket which shot it across the highway at great speed. In a moment of Kharmic retribution, or great irony, it managed to strike the ONLY state trooper for fifty miles. Hitting the side of his car with enough force to cave the passenger side door in.
                  Damn, I picked the wrong moment to take a drink of my morning Dr. Pepper. And my coworkers must be wondering why I'm choking and laughing psychotically at the same time.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

So you mentioned that you saw the remains of the grill with a return tag on it. Did your store actually give a refund for the grill?

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      She argued with me. I declined service. She changed her story several times. I read to her the notes I was looking at that stated we cannot provide service. She asked me if I was going to believe the notes from my supervisor or her!

"Actually, ma'am, I'm going to believe that chocolate milk comes from chocolate cows."
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        "Actually, ma'am, I'm going to believe that chocolate milk comes from chocolate cows."
                        Wait a minute? You mean it doesn't? I can't believe my dad lied to me 30 years ago!
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          Wait a minute? You mean it doesn't? I can't believe my dad lied to me 30 years ago!
                          There, there . . . I felt the same way when I found out Chocolate Chip ice cream didn't come from Chocolate Chip cows.

Have a on me.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                            There were more than my share when I worked at lowe's. I think the best however, ended with the customer getting fined by the Georgia Highway Patrol (troopers).
                            So here are some questions to ponder . . . do you think she still went to Macy's to hit up the sale? Did she get a refund (like a previous post had asked)? And what did her husband end up getting for his birthday - or maybe . . . what did she tell him what he would have gotten for his birthday . . .?

Very good story, she definately takes the cake. I hope she didn't endanger any lives with that stunt (luckily the officer wasn't hurt - and you can imagine he's probably telling the same story to his co-workers!).
                            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

One time this lady claimed to have waited in line for 30 minutes, but the cashier had just got there five minutes ago, and the lady was not there then.

A man paid me with a $10 bill. When I gave him his change, he claimed that he really paid me with a $100. There were no $100 bills in the drawer. It was a new drawer.

Comment

that's the same as the moron who thought percent milk came from special cows who gave...percent milk.

urgh, that was yet another brain damaging comment a customer exposed me to; how many brain cells died due to this, i will never know, but the headache lasted a good while.
                                look! it's ghengis khan!
                                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                                X