This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crosshair View Post
    HA. Yea, those tanks do love to rocket when they loose the valve. My dad saw an oxygen tank go across a parking lot and through a brick wall when some idiot was moving it without the valve cap on it.
    *Through* a brick wall???
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      He said it did, though I don't know what kind of brick wall it was. Just take a 100 PSI air hose and see how much thrust that has when you put a blower end on it. Now imagine it with 3000 PSI of pressure. They can and do rocket if that valve lets go. (Or any part of the tank for that matter.)
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

even the little tanks used for paintball can fly fast enough to be deadly if the valve comes off

http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modu...21&page_id=130
        DILLIGAF

Comment

Arrogance? Pride? Or just plain stupidity?
          *votes for d, all of the above*
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

As to SCs, the biggest one I've had was someone trying to return a bracelet that we didn't make. It was a pave sterling silver, and the pave design was muy different than ours. I didn't accept it.

My favorite was when I caught a honkin' big theft from an assistant manager. The computer keeps a copy of all the receipts it prints. I usually go through, and see what was sold while I wasn't there. Yes, I get bored easily.

One day, not long after inventory, I notice a HUGE sale with EVERYTHING being 100% off. I called the manager. She got there in record time, mainly cause the person who was in the computer for making that "sale" was the assistant manager.

When she was asked about it, she said "Well, I found a bunch of tags lying around, and I figured they were stolen. I didn't want us to be that off in inventory."

That didn't fly. Why? We realized that most of the items on the "sale" were items we'd seen her wearing. Like birthstone anything in the colors of the months her grandchildren were born.

Loss Prevention came and went, and that was the last we saw of that asst.

Jenni
            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              Oh hell yeah! those things can hit mach 1 in a second with enough pressure in them. They're made from a single piece of metal to avoid ruptures which will be lethal.

A propane tank has substantially less pressure, but it can still fly pretty good when filled.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

That grill story is going to be a classic.

The lie I hate the most comes from the Never Satisfied Complainer. I've had several of these people who do nothing but moan about how horrible the store is, that I'm the worst CSR they've ever dealt with and blah blah blah and "I AM NEVER COMING BACK!" ...but they always do. Liars. =(

Comment

the funniest one I had was a lady complaining about our male cashire's rude attitude and behaviour towards her. Myself and the boss let her get it all out before saying as nicely as possible we have never in our 9 year history had a male cashire ever work there.

We also had a man say our sunday staff were appauling when we don't open sundays and a lady on the phone tell us how dirty our coffee shop was ?_? Our pharmacy has no coffee shop at all lol.

Comment

Quoth dizzy_starshine View Post
                    We also had a man say our sunday staff were appauling when we don't open sundays and a lady on the phone tell us how dirty our coffee shop was ?_? Our pharmacy has no coffee shop at all lol.
                    Heh, if we were in the same country, I'd think that was the senile lady that always comes through the drive-thru asking for a mocha, and is always suprised when we remind her that we're the pharmacy and that the Starbucks is down below

Comment

Hey, this will sound really weird, but I read this story months and months ago ...
                      'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
                      'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

Best lie a SC attempted to pull over me was Grumpy Bottle man. Dude comes in with a bunch of cans, (That we don't sell, therefor cannot take). I precede to tell him so. He claims we always taken them before. I say nope, not us. He then claims that I will be fired, for his wife is the DISTRICT MANAGER.

I look him up and down, rather dirty and possibly homeless, but possible right?

Well, maybe if it wasn't for the fact that the Disrict Manger is a lesbian. I've met her girlfriend, nice lady.

I precede to tell him he is the ugliest woman I've ever seen.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I had a customer insist once that the guy that I work with quoted him a lower price on a dvd and he wanted it for that price. He kicked up a stink and since the guy that I work with is actually my husband, I gave him a call in front of the customer. My husband told me no that he never said he could do it for that price and asked for me to put the customer on the phone. It was funny watching the customer trying to deny that he ever said that, that I was mistaken, that I misunderstood, just trying to save his own a$$.

Comment

Working...
                          X