This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth digilight View Post
    Doesn't the physical violence/assault turn it into robery or am I thinking of it needing to involve a weapon or threat of a weapon. And thank goodness for the customer for pulling the shit bag off the LP guy.
    In Illinois and most other states, yes.

For his sake, I hope he's that tough in the slammer, otherwise he can expect something up his wise ass.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      Thief? *knows Garrett, but can't really give more description, other than Eidos...*
      Hands Juwl some cookies

Comment

This kinda goes back to when I was talking about LP guys taking matters into their own hands. Know that you're taking a big chance in going that route.

Comment

APAs are very commonly transferred to other job codes, but very rarely fired at my store. I expect situations where I can't do what I want, but I can remember policies well, and will do what policy says, unless that last part that i quoted from the job description isn't true, we have several street gangs in the area(many members have military training as well) and have had at least one incident on store property involving bloods, crips, and a gun.

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
            One guy got into a fight with an APA much like the one you described, an assistant manager, and a co manager. The APA suplexed him .
            I know I'm not the only person to read that and picture these guys

suplexing the guy.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              It always was the lower amounts that gave me the most trouble when I did LP, bizarre really.
              Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              The people who go for the big stuff are probably better at it.
              actually, the people who steal small stuff are smarter... in most states the difference between misdemeanor shoplifting and felony shoplifting is the dollar value... there is actually a story from Reno about a guy who was caught shoplifting and they were going to charge him with felony shoplifting because he was $.50 over the limit for felony... he was able to point out that he had a dollar off coupon in his wallet and successfully argued that that put the dollar value at $.50 under the felony limit and he should only be charged with misdemeanor and
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

smiley-there are loopholes in the security of retail stores where it's in the "not worth getting sued over" category, people can exploit those and have a very low risk of getting caught

Comment

Too bad the show 'America's Dumbest Criminials' is not still on. This would have made a good episode!
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                    Tell that to Garrett (cookies for the reference)
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                    X