Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to Christmas music I'm the Grinch. I don't like it and I don't allow it. Every year we have someone new bring in a boom-box type radio/cassette/cd player and crank up the Christmas stuff. It's not usually long before I start hearing paniced whispers and then suddenly the music is turned off. Several years ago when we rewrote the employee manual under Termination Offenses "The Playing of Christmas Music" was added. Now a lot of speculation about why that was added has gone on and only a few know the real reason. The speculation is mostly that the company owners are Jewish and they don't allow Christmas Music (but they give out Christmas bonus's) or corp is really enforcing that diversity stuff. The real reason is to keep me out of jail as I shot the last radio and said very loudly that I would shoot the next radio I heard Christmas Music coming from. For some reason everyone avoided me for the next few days. No that really didn't happen I smashed the radio on the sidewalk as was given a talking to.
    I have nothing against Christmas I just don't like the music.

Something to ponder: Do you think anyone ever asked Santa for a job in retail?
    Instead of lumps of coal and switches for bad little girls and boys do you think he brings them SCs?
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
      Don't hate me, but my Christmas tree has been up since LAST Christmas. We decided not to take it down and just left it up all year.
      ::giggle:: Now see, that's just funny (and perfectly acceptable, in my book), because it's laziness, or what have you, and not the rush to be the first one with their lights up. Though in that race, you win hands down.

Hmm...the only sign of Christmas at our Wal-Mart so far is a random singing Rudolph who ended up tucked behind some merchandise by the cigarette register two nights ago. Halloween/Autumn stuff is still out in force, making me want to go decorate for the big October 31st. ::rubs hands together::

Once I figure out a suitable costume for a pregnant lady....

Oh, and as for Christmas music, most of my absolute favorites are the ones they don't usually play over store muzak--because I like the traditional tunes, especially when played with interesting instruments as by Trans-Siberian Orchestra or Mannheim Steamroller, and not the bouncy popular or "pop-ified" ones that make regular radio cuts.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
        Once I figure out a suitable costume for a pregnant lady....
        A nun.
        The Virgin Mary.
        A school girl uniform.
        A man.
        Lara Croft: Womb Raider.
        Last edited by Jester; 10-05-2006, 06:50 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

They put it up because people will buy it. The earlier people will buy Christmas stuff, the earlier it will go out. How do you think all those Christmas only stores stay open year-round?

Comment

Working...
          X