This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk over there and talk to her then!

We have fireplaces on sale for the past couple weeks. Couple comes in and looks at one, and husband asks me and asks me abut it...

SC: "I want to buy that fireplace. (points at display model which they have taken off the shelf).
    Me: "Okay, let me check to see if we have any in the back." I go to the nearest computer to check the inventory, it is only showing one (the display). I come back. "I'm sorry, we don't have any left, and we can't sell the display."
    SC: "Well, do any other stores have them?"
    Me: "I checked. They were all showing either zero or one, and if they are showing one, it's probably their display (not exactly true, one was showing -1 )"
    SC: "Okay, then I want this one."
    Me: "I'm sorry, we can't sell the display."
    SC: "Well, what about the other stores that were showing zero? They must have sold their display!"
    Me: "Some stores do sell their displays. We don't."
    SC: "I want to talk to your supervisor!"
    Me: "Okay, let me go find one." I turn to walk to the phone, but then I see one of the supervisors. I say "Actually, she's right over there," point to her and go back to my work.

5-10 minutes later, I pass by that aisle again.

SC: "Hey, I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor! Where is she!"
    Me: "She's over at the paint desk."
    SC: "I want to talk to her!"
    Me: "Okay, she's over at the paint desk two aisles down that way," and I turn around and head back to my cart.
    SC: "I want to talk to her!"
    Me: "Yeah, she's just over at the paint desk." I say over my shoulder and get back to my work. A few seconds later I glance over my shoulder and the guy is still standing there. I make a point to avoid that area like the plague for the next half hour or so

Why is it that everyone who wants to buy a fireplace from my store is too stupid to be around fire?
    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

personally,i would have gotten the manager for the customer. if i couln't leave the area, which happens alot for me, i call for a manager. this way, a customer can't say i refused to help them but i would have gotten the manager for the customer instead of just pointing them out to the customer.

Comment

Buy a fireplace? I thought people built fireplaces. Do you mean you sell the stoves that some people install in their fireplaces?
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

nah there are portable fire places and such. generally electric in my stores case though. but knowing some SC im sure they will somehow burn their house down with an electric fire place =P
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
          Buy a fireplace? I thought people built fireplaces. Do you mean you sell the stoves that some people install in their fireplaces?
          Quite a boom industry over here, actually. There's a fireplace warehouse in my local town.

It's pretty much just the surroundings, and I can't really see the point as long as you're warm enough. Still, I can say such things as I'm happily single.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
            At Canadian Tire you can get a faux fireplace that just plugs into a jack on the wall. They actually emit a fair amount of heat and look very nice. My parents bought one about a year and a half ago in place of the old wood burning stove that was in the living room.

Comment

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
              Me: "Okay, let me go find one." I turn to walk to the phone, but then I see one of the supervisors. I say "Actually, she's right over there," point to her and go back to my work.
              I remember way back at the first store I worked at I had a customer come by the photo counter (back then I was just a breaker for photo) to do a return during a rush hour (we had 25 of them every day at our 24 hour store). After a couple of minutes of waiting, I notice that there have been a lot of pages by a manager coming from the cosmetics counter.

So I tell the customer that there's already a manager over at cosmetics that can handle the return, and he becomes *furious* with me that he has been waiting long enough and he shouldn't have to walk all the way back across the store.

I shrug my shoulders and check out the next customer.

Of course:
              - By waiting for the manager to come to him, he ended up having to wait an extra 15 minutes for the manager to finish up the returns and the ADDITIONAL customers that went over to cosmetics to check out (when I say rush hour, I ain't talking about a comedy starring a couple of guys that nobody's heard much of lately).
              - Cosmetics was more or less on the way to the doors, so he would have had to walk all that way anyway.

But the customer's always right, right?
              Last edited by pbmods; 10-04-2006, 12:54 AM. Reason: Added Quote
              "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
              -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
                But the customer's always right, right?
                Only when they make three lefts.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
                  Why is it that everyone who wants to buy a fireplace from my store is too stupid to be around fire?
                  The only way stupid people should be around fire.....is lashed to a stake in the middle of it
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    The only way stupid people should be around fire.....is lashed to a stake in the middle of it
                    Sadly, history shows us that generally it is not the stupid people being lashed to the stake, but doing the lashing.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X