This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh, this turned into a long rant...

Every night our shake & sundae machine goes into what I like to call 'sleep' mode. This will occur usually at 2am on the dot. Then, close to 7am, if you're lucky, it'll just 'wake up' and be fine. Most customers already know this, or they understand that we can't do anything.

If you're not lucky, the thing will have to be drained of all the shake & sundae mix, then reset, then refilled. If it's really not your day, it won't wake up at all, and the managers will go print "no shakes or sundaes avaliable today" signs to post underneath (i.e. hanging from) the menu boards.

So many people spend like 5 minute studying the menu boards, so these signs should be perfectly positioned. But no, after 5 minutes customers often decide they want a mc-flurry.

OMG, the number of people who genuinely believe that "no sundaes" means we can still make 50-cent cones etc. is insane! We have regular customers who come in every day for their ice-cream cones, some up to 3 or 4 times during my 8-hour shift. Seriously. There is another ff restaurant RIGHT NEXT DOOR, and if you go there you can even get your ice-cream dipped in chocolate (don't get me started on how many times I get asked that).

Side note: no, we've never had any flavour on our 50-cent cones. You didn't get any chocolate topping on it here. Um, no, it definitely wasn't here. It was next door. You were just to drunk/stoned to remember. Argh! Insist on it one more time, I dare you. Then I'll give myself permission to hit you over the head with a tray, because the managers will never let me.
    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
    <3 Arrested Development

Comment

I don't know what it is with signs (or even basic written instructions.)

We have the same problem here at CS.

People just don't read, or they read but don't absorb, or they think it pertains to everyone but them.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X