X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just shop elsewhere

José's Enemy

I took a call today that was just ridiculous. Thankfully, it was also short.

Me: Thank you for calling Staples, this is Dave1982, how can I help you?

SC: Is José there today?

Well, he just totally butchered "José." He pronounced it just about 100% wrong. It sounded like "JOSIE."

Me: Yes, he is. Hang on just a moment, please.

SC: NO!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HIM!!!!!!!!

Me: Ok.........

SC *sweetly*: That's all. Thanks. *click*

Seriously, Why even ask if you don't want to talk to him? If you don't like him and don't want to come in when he's around, then I suggest you do your shopping elsewhere because he's full-time and here quite often.

You think you're better than me?

I approached a "gentleman" (I'm giving him entirely too much credit) who had just entered the telephone section.

Me: Can I help you with anything, sir?

And in one of the rudest, most condescending tones of voice I've heard in a long time, he replied

SC: No, no, I don't think there is.

I did an abrupt about-face and walked away from him without a word, and refused to help him after that. Anyone who assumes that we retail peons are ALL stupid and unhelpful, and/or thinks that they are better then us does not deserve a lick of help. I have picked things more precious from between my toes. Again, I suggest that you shop elsewhere, perhaps Amazon.com, where you don't have to deal with real people, you know? Like I remarked to my illustrious co-worker who looked at me quizzically as I walked away form this guy "RUDE MoFo!!!"

Other than that, I had a decent day.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-03-2008, 11:21 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

The question that comes to mind is: "Is 'Josie' the other man (and thus being stalked by the caller) or is the caller the other man, who is just calling to make sure that 'the coast is clear'?"

Who said that I'm too young to be an old cynic?

Comment

What a bunch of douchebags, I don't get why is it that all SC's think that anybody who is in retail is automatically some moron they can treat like utter crap.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

.....and in my head I kept hearing the song to "Josie & The Pussycats" play over & over...lol.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          José's Enemy

I took a call today that was just ridiculous. Thankfully, it was also short.

Me: Thank you for calling Staples, this is Dave1982, how can I help you?

SC: Is José there today?

Well, he just totally butchered "José." He pronounced it just about 100% wrong. It sounded like "JOSIE."

Me: Yes, he is. Hang on just a moment, please.

SC: NO!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HIM!!!!!!!!

Me: Ok.........

SC *sweetly*: That's all. Thanks. *click*

:
          To me.... That sounds like a prank call. he's just wants the whole city to show how obnoxious he is so people can feel bad (not intentionally at you). He could've really meant Josie. If it matters you can somehow trace the call and find out if it really is someone that José knows.
          Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
            He could've really meant Josie.
            He didn't. I assign pseudonyms to all my co-workers so as to avoid giving out their real names here. His real name is not José. Suffice it to say that while this guy did butcher his name badly, he was definitely asking for him.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              Suffice it to say that while this guy did butcher his name badly, he was definitely asking for him.
              By the sound of his voice has this same individual called for this person before?

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
                By the sound of his voice has this same individual called for this person before?
                Not that I can recall.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  Not that I can recall.
                  I thought I'd mention that it may have sounded like a prank because where I lived in the past where caller ID and *69 was not commonly used I would get these very pestering calls from people (very similar to the one you described) where they will say a name of someone in which they will say something truly ridiculous. I've had a call in which someone was asking me a question pertaining to religion and I didn't know the answer. The person then said something along the lines of "You will face damnation in hell" and then hung up.

Comment

Perhaps I'm being too skeptical, but here's my take on the whole phone call thing.

If it had been a woman, I'd guess she was making sure her husband was actually AT work and not dong something else (wink wink). But since it's a guy, perhaps he wanted to make sure that Jose really was at work so he could pay the wifey a visit.

Just my two cents......

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
                      Perhaps I'm being too skeptical, but here's my take on the whole phone call thing.

If it had been a woman, I'd guess she was making sure her husband was actually AT work and not dong something else (wink wink). But since it's a guy, perhaps he wanted to make sure that Jose really was at work so he could pay the wifey a visit.

Just my two cents......
                      Good one LOL that's possible

Comment

Well, I guess we'll never know the answer to that one, will we?

By the way, it was a guy who called in. And I told José about it; he just laughed it off.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

On ... some talk show, ages ago, one of the guests was a male hispanic hairdresser who pronounced his name "Joe-zay".

It was driving my father nuts. He kept going, "That name is pronounced 'hoe-zay'. That man is an idiot."

Comment

i was thinking stalker too or someone with a crush and just too young to do more than play little-girl games about it. maybe some girl who'd seen his name-tag and thought he was cute.

and ... MAYBE checking up on him, but... then she wouldn't have butchered the name, unless it was on purpose... but that'd be a lot of planning and trickery just to see if he was at work, and kinda silly.

Comment

Working...
                            X