This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth rdp78 View Post
    Well, guess with all that learning about stuff most of us would think would be useless I think they forget the basic stuff they learn when they were kids and also some common sense too.
    "Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?" -Homer Simpson
    All glory to the hypno-toad.

Comment

Quoth ThinMick View Post
      like "Jihn" for "John"
      Hmmm... that makes me wonder just how fast people are typing when they sign me up for garbage magazines... I've had other people misspell my name so badly, even I don't know it's for me at first. Hmmm... "Pam V. Rome"? Who the hell is that?
      Why is there mail being sent to us for someone other than Rowe?
      What the hell?
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

The entire reason I've kept my married name even though my husband and I are separated and in the process of divorcing is that NOBODY can spell my last name properly, even if I spell it out for them. Ugh. Honestly, people, FAMOUS racing family. I still get misspellings of my last name, but at least there's a limited amount of stuff they can do to "Toll"
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          One day while I was in my last semester of grad school, one of my friends stopped me in the hall and asked if I had remembered that this was the last day to order my graduation genitalia. (The term should have been "regalia" as had been printed on all the reminder letters.)
          That person must have lead a VERY sheltered life.
          "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
            One day while I was in my last semester of grad school, one of my friends stopped me in the hall and asked if I had remembered that this was the last day to order my graduation genitalia. (The term should have been "regalia" as had been printed on all the reminder letters.) I asked her to repeat herself, and she again informed me that this was the last day to rent my genitalia, so I needed to hoof it over to the bookstore to make my deposit.

I smiled and told her that I had owned my own for some time now and did not need to order another set. Then she asked me if the hood was purple (the color for our degree).

I did not answer that one. Actually, I was by then laughing too hard even to have tried.

So, do you shift it over to the other side at the appropriate time during the ceremony?

Comment

Quoth Crosshair View Post
              That person must have lead a VERY sheltered life.
              I'm not that surprised. I once miswrote "cunnilingus" instead of "cuneiform" on an exam paper. Sad part was, I didn't know what either word meant at the time.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Oy. My roomie from college is currently going to med school, and she's the ditzy genius type who would do something like that. No common sense, but man can she ace a test without studying.

When I joined the "Gifted" class in elementary school, they used to joke that the smarter the kid, the less common sense they seemed to have.

The other thing this reminded me of? After taking the ACT's and SAT's in high school, I seriously believed you should get points just for spelling your name right, or have an auto fail if you misspell your own name.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

One of my coworkers can't spell label... which is worse when you realize that's what we sell... and its written at least once on any form he's filling out.

The last time I went to winter camp, one of the girls (I think one of the ones that was trying to get drunk off mouthwash...) misspoke... instead of saying 'constellations' she said 'testicles'. I guess the mouthwash was doing something...
                  Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

Working...
                  X