This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, umm...*pop*

That was another few brain cells disintegrating into a oozy mess in my head.

A bit of a back story. When you tow a vehicle, one of two types of trucks will come out...a wheel lift or a flatbed. The wheel lift picks the vehicle up by the front or rear depending on which drive the vehicle is (front or rear wheel) and the wheel lift can also "dolly" a vehicle that is 4WD or AWD. Meaning it lifts the vehicle by one set of tires and little mini tires go under the other set of tires. A flatbed lifts the entire vehicle off the ground onto the back of the truck.

Maybe not a lot of folks know this, but tow trucks are not a comfortable ride. They are bouncy! Either truck you get will be a bumpy ride. The vehicle in tow, although secure, will be bouncing either on the bed of the truck or while it's being pulle.d

Here comes SC of today. I get a call in where the member has requested a flatbed. Why? Because there are dishes in her vehicle and she does not want the dishes broken. She figures a wheel lift truck will throw the dishes around too much whereas a flatbed is a steady, comfortable, bouce free ride.

I have been unable to reach her to inform her that a flatbed is not a cure all to keeping your dishes in one piece. I also need to tell her that she will have to sign a damage waiver because we are not going to be held responsible for her dishes.

Can I go home now?
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

haha whee! How'd it go?
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I think my brain just broke....

Did she agree to sign the waiver?
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post

Did she agree to sign the waiver?
        Haha yes, I need to know.

Comment

Yeah, she agreed to sign the waiver. I did reach her before the driver showed up to tell her that no matter what truck we sent out, it was going to be a bumpy ride, especially a flatbed. She did not realize this. She agreed to sign the waiver and she also said to me, "So, I better secure them a little more, huh?"

Uh, yeah.

The funnier thing is that she had no other ride and would be riding in the passenger cab with the driver...she will get to feel first hand how much those trucks bounce!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            The funnier thing is that she had no other ride and would be riding in the passenger cab with the driver...she will get to feel first hand how much those trucks bounce!
            Been there, done that. In fact, as my dead car was being towed home, the driver had to stop a couple of times to make sure it was secured correctly. This isn't usually a fault of the driver, but simply a combination of the truck's suspension...and the fact that Pittsburgh roads suck. There have been a few stories of cars actually coming off the trucks
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

When I was 7 months pregnant with our oldest, hubby was driving a towtruck and had to take a large pump to Willmington, NC. I rode with him in that thing from Portsmouth, VA to Wilmington.

Not. A. Fun. Trip. Those things bounce like crazy.

Comment

Oof - 7 months pregnant and riding in a tow truck. I think that's almost enough to induce birth!

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
                  When I was 7 months pregnant with our oldest, hubby was driving a towtruck and had to take a large pump to Willmington, NC.... Those things bounce like crazy.
                  The baby or the truck?
                  If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Working...
                  X