Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video game marked incorrectly, was I wrong here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in an independent dvd/cd store. I'll never give them the lower price, I'll explain that it was accidently mismarked and then I'll check the cost price on the computer and offer it to them at staff price, which is cost price +$1. Most people are fine with that. I find that the only ones who put up a fuss are the ones I suspect actually switched the price tags (the price tag looks like it has been peeled off or tampered with)

Comment

I have abuddy who regularly goes through items at best buy especially dvds to find miss marked items, he's found LOTS of dvds for 1 cent, 1 Dollar on up but not the real price and they let him get it for that price, but thats a larger store and can write it off a lil easier.
      I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

Comment

And yet when corporate accidently priced ALL of our vitamin water at $500 (bottles AND cases), no one offerred to pay it. A couple got slightly offended, stating, "Well, I'm NOT going to pay that," even though we told them that we were under orders to modify it to the correct ($4) price.

And yet, if it had been the other way around, they would have been arguing for any discount they could get...

Comment

I think it really depends on the store and how much they're willing to kiss a customers ass. As was said the laws include for human error. If the game was marked $13.99 and it was $15.99 I would say if there was room for a discount you should have given it, but $5.99 obviously is below cost. Unfortunately due to big stores just giving people the items people expect little stores to do the same. And little store just can't do that.
          It feeds, it grows, it clouds all that you will know
          Deceit, Deceive, Decide just what you believe

Comment

Ok much of the confusion stems from the laws governing "Bait and Switch".

B&S being the practice of offering an item in advertising at an ungodly low rate, then claiming that the item is not available...but we have this one over here at three times the price.

That is illegal.

What you have here is a honest mistake (or a switched tag) and you have the right to honor that price or not to at your descretion and/or the store's policies.

Otherwise people would swap tags and would try and get a $200 PSP for $50 (and there have been examples of this on the boards here). That ability is what saves the stores from going out of business.

Your co-worker is right...sometimes it's ok to eat a few bucks to make a customer happy...but 10 bucks is not "a few bucks". If the item was marked at 10 and listed at 15 in the computer...then that's more reasonable.

You're good

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
            X