This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
    So tempting to leave the SCs in the store and put "Disco Inferno" (Burn baby burn) over the speaker system.
    Since you mentioned it....

As I have mentioned before, I used to DJ weddings. I was pretty damn good, but I was not the only one in my company who was both entertaining and quick on their feet mentally.

One of my coworkers was DJing an event, a wedding or party or something, in one of the taller buildings in downtown Phoenix. Apparently some time during said event some part of the building had a fire, and the building was ordered to evacuate.

Making use of both his wits AND his sound system, said coworker announced the evacuation, keeping everyone calm, and played "Disco Inferno" throughout the ordeal, making sure everyone was out before he himself evacuated.

Now THAT is one hot DJ!

I wasn't there for the event, but my boss told me about it. I remember the guy in question, but after over ten years, I'll be damned if I can remember the dude's name (though I can clearly picture his face in my mind).
    Last edited by Jester; 10-07-2006, 02:42 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Convincing people to leave when the fire alarm goes off for no immediately obvious reason - bad.

It's a party - real bad.

It's a very drunken party - very bad.

Of students - oh dear.

At an 'orientation week' booze fest - feed the kittens, clean the tanks, it's time to go home ladies and gentlemen!

Fortunately, lying is my friend, and you can do pretty much whatever you want to a drunk student on school property.

Comment

It wasn't exactly a fire drill, but one day in the Computer testing lab I used to work at we smelled what we thought was gas, and had to evacuate for about twenty minutes. Turned out they were just repaving a nearby parking lot and what we smelled was the tar....oops.
        "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Quoth Fera Festiva View Post
          This is public land. You can't stop me standing here.
          This is the part where the other assistant (in fantasy land, that's me right now) SHOVES that door open hard enough to break that off-duty teacher's nose.

And then it is the first assistant's job to announce, "Everybody saw that teacher trip and fall into the door, right?"
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

The store I used to work at had a detailed plan for fires, bomb threats, etc. They just never had any drills or told alot of people. When I first learned of it we were to make sure all customers were out before we could leave and meet at the assembly point. A few months ago head office sent out a memo that stated that due to liability reasons employees could not be forced to remain in the building during an evacuation. Only saleried managment could. It was their greatest idea ever.
            Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Working...
            X