Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

award for most obvious comment goes to....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• award for most obvious comment goes to....

THIS GUY!!!

yesterday, i was stocking the deodorants. i had my arms full of stuff to put up. this man comes up to me, looks at me for a minute,and says,"i bet you are stocking the shelves, aren't you?"

im like," yep. sure am." he walks away laughing. left me kinda confused actually....

You missed your chance for a here's your sign moment!
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Really, you did miss that chance.

One reply could have been:

Nope, they all just jumped into my arms to hide from the sprays who were bullying them

Here's your sign
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

"Nah, I'm just setting up for a mock battle between Lady's Speed Stick and Secret, for the title of 'Master of the Universe'."

Ok, that seemed funnier in my head.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Actually, if you don't rotate deodarant 45 degrees every day, it'll stop working right. so I'm just taking care of that." *look at him and scoot away a little.* "But, ah, not too many people know that. Here's your sign."
          Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

"No, I'm just really smelly, and it takes more deodorant for me than for most people."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

"They're mine, all mine! Preeeeeeessscccciiouuuuuusssss......."

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
                im like," yep. sure am." he walks away laughing. left me kinda confused actually....
                It confuses me as to why he thought that was so funny. That's like walking up to someone who is sitting down and saying:

"Sitting, huh?"

Olive juice you too.

Comment

[QUOTE=BeckySunshine;36979]"Nah, I'm just setting up for a mock battle between Lady's Speed Stick and Secret, for the title of 'Master of the Universe'.[QUOTE]

i thought it was funny becky. really, i did.

and i never really got too much into the whole "heres your sign" thing, so i didn't even think of it. becky let me borrow your bag please

Comment

"No, sir, I just put on the wrong Axe this morning."

"Nah. We're overdue on our gravity bill this month. Just catching a few that got loose...."

"You gotta be careful when you get a piece of deodorant food stuck in your vest...."

"Actually, I'm Michael Moore's personal shopper."

"Yeah. Stalking. And now she'll never smell me coming "
                    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
                      It confuses me as to why he thought that was so funny. That's like walking up to someone who is sitting down and saying:

"Sitting, huh?"
                      I've done stuff like that. In the right context, it's funny. But the person you're making the comment to has to know you well enough to understand that what you're saying is not inherently funny but funny because of the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Our store requires a uniform of khaki slacks and a polo shirt with the company logo. Standard retail attire. A short time ago, I approached a co-worker and said, "So I see you decided to go with the khakis today. Nice choice."

Maybe it's simply the question form that makes the "joke" not funny...
                      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                      - IPF

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
                        i thought it was funny becky. really, i did.

Thanks for finding it funny.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X