This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet troubles

So the other day at work, one of the toilets in the ladies just backed up and flooded sewage everywhere. Yummy. It was a Sunday so there were no cleaners in to sort it out, so they decided to just close off the ladies.

I was on the checkout right opposite to the entrance to the toilets all day; so I got to see all the "action" as it were. First of all, an out of order sign was just stuck on the door to the ladies; but of course people don't read signs right in front of their faces. After many complaints from women who didn't bother to read the sign and then went in and saw the mess (one complained she'd got it all over her shoes ) they had to actually tape the door up.

A few people had common sense, but I just had a continous stream of women who came up to me (I was closest) and ranted "What am I supposed to do now? This is ridiculous". Of course I had fun saying "Why don't you use the disabled toilet?" and then got "Oh. Yes..I suppose I could.." and a sheepish expression as they realised how silly they'd been, and wandered (with crossed legs ) off.

In the end the store manager actually went to clean up the mess because of the amount of complaints he was getting and because everyone else refused to do it That was great fun to watch.

Quoth cheese View Post
    In the end the store manager actually went to clean up the mess because of the amount of complaints he was getting and because everyone else refused to do it That was great fun to watch.
    Now that's something I'd pay money to see . . a manager ACTUALLY doing grunt work.

One way to look at it is: Shit happens.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

In my old office on a college campus we once had ALL the restrooms closed off for a day. If you needed to go, you ahd to hike up the hill to the next building. Not a good day.
      "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Quoth cheese View Post
        So the other day at work, one of the toilets in the ladies just backed up and flooded sewage everywhere. Yummy. It was a Sunday so there were no cleaners in to sort it out, so they decided to just close off the ladies.
        Even with closing off the room, isn't it a health hazard??
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X