Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That kid's eaten a LOT of wall candy...

Well, yesterday and today the used Xbox games section had been obliteration by people. Just really rude, picking stuff up and randomly re-arranging the store. Without a doubt, that section saw the worst of it, and just as I started to clean it up, this kid (5, maybe 6) runs into the store, full steam. I tell him to stop running in the store, and he keeps going, full stream... right into the used Xbox section.

He doesn't run to the section, he runs into it. Right into the wall. BAM! Knocks a ton more games over.

I promptly tell him to leave the store. He says his momma told him to stay here. Well, tough, I say. Leave or I'm calling security. That got the kid even more scared, and he ran right out. Apparently he had no other settings but "run" and "off".

Sorry folks, but we aren't a babysitting service. The kids are welcome to stay if they behave, but if your kids are destructive and don't follow my safety instructions, out they go. I have merchandise and other customers to protect.

The kid's lucky it wasn't a wall of guitars ...

Comment

Or a display of vinegar bottles....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Did anyone ever find that guitar post? I've been reading about the legend of it and I know someone went hunting for it but was it found?
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

It was in the Most Expensive Vandalism thread
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ghlight=guitar
          Every day at work is the new worst day of my life.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have now read the infamous guitar story. I love this site!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

...or a display of medieval battle axes, pre-sharpened for convenience.....

Comment

...Or the hall of used syringes...
                If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

...Or the superglue display board...
                  "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
                  "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
                  Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

or an empty pegboard...
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

...Or a wall of medievall torture devices...
                      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                        Did anyone ever find that guitar post?
                        Yeah, well on a personal note, mod hat off, I have to say, I really have my doubts about that story. When the OP didn't really bother coming back to offer updates or clarify things, and the story just kept getting better and better, based on the discussion from the board, with an ending that could only be found in a made for TV movie, my BS sensors started working overtime.

If I'm wrong, I apologize heartily to the OP, because I do know that there are times when a story seems too good to be true, but really is, (in fact, after almost 30 years in retail, I have lived moments like that), however, I still say that I take that story with a healthy dose of skepticism.
                        Last edited by Ree; 10-09-2006, 09:46 PM.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Unfortunately, everything on the web is like that. Any random person can gain a membership and post something inciting or delighting to any themed forum to get the members' ganders up. Some people revel in this, much like trolling.

Everything read on the 'net should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism, including every single story here.

I find it interesting to read all the stories I like, I just choose not to act on them. For example, boycotting a store, writing a letter to the paper or a congressperson, etc. But then, how good does it look anyway to be writing "I'm making this complaint because of a story I read on a web site"

Comment

I would have asked the kid to sit down, then given him somethig to occupy himself with while i called the Child Protection Agency or cops for child abandonment.

Sorry, but i like Zero Tolerance sometimes.
                            Even when it becomes Zero Intellegence in other times.
                            http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                            Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Raps, please, you have to commission our lady of the panties to do a strip of all the different "walls of suffering" our members have happily envissioned the kid running onto!.
                              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
                              X