This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "sir, this is your driver's license..."

this one seems interesting, mainly because I believe it was the same gentleman, second time around...I rang up his order, and he swiped his card. error. card declined. he tried again. after the second time, I took his card...and stated "sir, this is your driver's license..."

I wonder how much credit you get with the DMV?
    HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

i once had a customer come through with an $80 order. i rang everything up, and he said he was doing a debit. i looked away at some other customer. a few minutes later, i realize that nothing was happening with the order. i look over at the debit machine, and see that ait says to swipe card. i tell him to swipe his card again. he says,"ok, let me type it in again." and types in four numbers. i ask him if he has his card at all. nope....he wanted to pay for his order on a debit card with no debit card on him

Comment

I have a somewhat related story. We got an Entertainment book for the first time this year, and when I went to use a coupon, I showed them my card for verification. The cashier tried to swipe it in the c.c. machine.... Then looked at me like WTF?

Comment

I once tried to use my library card to pay for a purchase at a nearby drugstore. The cashier's giggle just before I got the card to the reader alerted me (yes, I laughed about it too).

I've lost count of the number of times I've tried to hand library staff my debit card. Maybe I should consider rearranging my wallet?
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

and to think, there are people out there who we have to ask for a DL and they refuse.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            Maybe I should consider rearranging my wallet?

It sounds like an idea...unless you find it amusing (in a nice way) to have that happen.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have, on a few occasions, either tried to use my bus pass in the ATM, or slide my debit card through the reader on the bus fare box.
              Meow.........

Comment

My mother gave her cc to a server to pay for dinner. He returned with the "cc" and advised her that they didn't accept health care cards for payment
                -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

One time at the brewpub I used to work at, I picked up the check off the table with a credit card sticking out of the check presenter. I go into the back to the comuter and swipe the credit card, like I had done thousands of times before. And the computer spits back "bad card." Huh? I swipe it again. "Bad card." Then I look at the card. It's a Chevron gas credit card! Oops!

So I go back out to the table, hold the card up for the table to see, and ask the lady whose card it was, "Are you trying to tell us something about the food?"

She laughed, as did they all, and she gave me a more appropriate credit card.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

I've accidentally produced a rewards points card when I meant to show them my debit, by new wallet has 2 different sides, one I keep ID, debit card, and cash in, the other I keep all of my rewards and other cards in (AAA, old high school IDs, library, ETC)
                    I have found that the expired rewards cards work really well for scraping your car windows for those of you that live in places with frost and snow and tend to misplace and/or break your scrapers
                    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

I've had several customers hand me credit/debit cards when asked for ID. ::sigh:: A few of them did it deliberately as well, as if the signature on the back of another credit card will convince me that their signature on the slip is legit. The most annoying was the lady I had to keep asking for an ID ("Like a driver's license or passport, ma'am") because she kept pulling out other signed cards to use for signature verification on an unsigned card.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                      X