Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argued over price & snatched it out of my hand! (Long!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argued over price & snatched it out of my hand! (Long!)

This morning I had a shocking customer. I've seen her before a few times, distinctive because her clothes are dirty and she's rather rude. The first time I saw her she had a cut on her face and a police officer asked if she was okay. She said she was fine and proceeded to place an order, changing her mind too quickly for me to keep up, then acted annoyed when I repeated her order to her and she had to correct it.

I take her order. "Cheeseburger." I tell her the price, $2, but I don't think she heard me because she'd turned around to complain about the restaurant to other customers waiting in line.

[Side note >> since the made-for-you system started at the restaurant a few weeks ago, we have a few customers who refuse to pay for their order until they receive it. Usually we're supposed to have two orders in the system, so after I take one order I fill the one before it. This is so crew don't stand around waiting for burgers. So I can't take another order while she waits, and if I cancel her order in order to serve another customer then it'll disappear and never get made. At this point I wished manager A were there, he'd tell her to either shut up and pay or get out and go to our competitor next door.]

Well the burgers are made when you order them, so I tell her it's a minute away. I gave the previous customer their order, then went over and grabbed hers literally as soon as it had been wrapped. The guy assembling it handed it to me.

I give it to her:

Me: That's $2, thanks.
    SC: [hands over a $2 coin] Took long enough. You said 10 seconds!
    Me: [puts coin in register, thinking 'I'd never say "10 seconds," I quote "a minute" for every order because it's true']
    SC: How much was that?
    Me: $2.
    SC: [drops in onto counter] I don't want it anymore. Your prices go up too fast.
    Me: [picks up burger] Okay-
    SC: [grabs the burger, stalks over to a seat and begins eating]

OMG, WTF? I understand that different stores have different prices, but I know she's been here at least a few times before, and the prices are posted. Also the cheesburger price hasn't changed for at least 5 months, since I started working there. At my restaurant, I don't stand for people who argue over prices unless there's a difference between what's on the board and what they're charged. If you don't want to pay what's on the board, cancelling your order is fine. But when you see $2 on the board, and I tell you $2, and you give me $2, you can't expect me to care about your complaint.

Also it's only $2. Get a life.
    Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
    Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
    <3 Arrested Development
Working...
X