This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering

How many of us are viewing and posting from work?

I don't know what I would do somedays if I didn't have this website to pop over and vent on or read during my downtime. Before I found this website, my days would be boring. I visited other message boards and websites, but this one is just awesome.

Am I allowed to be on a message board at work? Technically, no. Do I care? Technically, no.
    Yes, I post mostly from work.
    25.53%
    No, I post only away from work.
    74.47%
    Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 10-08-2006, 01:10 PM. Reason: added my two cents
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

No web access at work. Would be nice to be able to access Google at least so I can look up phone numbers and whatnot. But I guess that's just the price you pay when combatting internet usage abuse.

At any rate, I'm way too busy during any given day to post. Instead, I have to settle for making mental notes so I can post when I get home.
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I only post when I'm outside of work, because I don't have access to a computer while I'm on the clock.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In my line of work, I need the Internet. Mapping sites and whatnot, it's one of our most treasured tools.

This is the only site that I pop into that we are technically not allowed to be on because it's a message board.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I don't even access this website while at work. The powers that be monitor everything we browse, and I don't think they would appreciate this website. Of course I think its great! lol

Comment

I don't have access to a computer at work because I'm outside the whole time. If I did post here at work I would have been fired ages ago.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

no electronics or anything at work
              just standing around for 8* hours or sweeping/picking up trash or making/selling food
              not always 8 in a shift but you get the picture
              must be nice to have this here internet

Comment

I'd love to be able to post from work, but sadly I have no connection.
                If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth Ryu View Post
                  no electronics or anything at work
                  just standing around for 8* hours or sweeping/picking up trash or making/selling food
                  not always 8 in a shift but you get the picture
                  must be nice to have this here internet
                  Seconded, except, our till are electronic. In fact, they're really just computers. But they just run the PoS system, and don't have internet. Management gets computers though, and they go on the internet for random things. That's why it was my goal for a while to BE management. But I've recovered now, and feel much better.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Being a temp, I'm not anxious to get in trouble for Net usage (and that's when I'm somewhere that HAS access), so I behave myself and save playing online for home.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I work in food service. Needless to say, I don't have computers with internet access at my disposal while I am tending bar or waiting on tables.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Wer do have internet access, but it's very limited, mostly to continuing education sites, the Board of Pharmacy site, and a few insurance companies, as well as the company site.

Comment

We have web access, but alot of sites are blocked. Anything with games or questionable material is blocked. I haven't tried to access this site at work for fear of getting my butt in trouble. While my job isn't the best I've ever had, it does pay the best and the benefits are top notch. (Thanks to the union)

Comment

I pop into CS while I'm at work but never log in. I've already blurted out a couple of things that could get me canned if they ever found out who I am.
                            "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I work at a bookstore. Now, for some reason people think that we have access to the internet, or that we have computers that access the internet that THEY can use, or copiers they can use so they can copy what they want out of the book and not pay for it... But we have no internet. Well, unless you count the long-awaited ability to access our company's website, which is great since it has slightly different search capabilities and access to customer reviews of books. (And, if you think about it, now you know which bookstore I work for since only one chain has a web-store )
                              Any fool can criticize, comdemn, and complain—and most do. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sarah: That's not fair!
                              Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is...

Comment

Working...
                              X