Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I dunno if I'm gonna get yelled at for this but I have the habit of when going through a drive through (maybe I should put this over there) of wrapping the bill around my change. Like if its a $1.56 I'll take and stack the change largest to smallest then wrap a bill around it like a burrito. I do this because if I'm in my car the window is above me and if I'm in my truck its below me so I dont want to lose or drop anything.

As for in a store I'm not particular how I get my money back when i use money. Though I usually hand the bills and then change over doing the count thing too mainly reminding myself what I'm spending out of my cash budget.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      I'd hate to call someone knowing they'd pulled their handset from their shirt. ::gag::
      Um, why would it matter? Think about it...you are calling them, they are talking on their handset that they pull out of their shirt. YOU aren't talking on it...they are!

Now, if they pulled your cell out of their shirt, or if they wanted you to talk on their cell after they pulled it out of their shirt, I could see your point. But so what if they are talking on their phone from their shirt?

Maybe it's me...I just don't get it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Eh, I guess it's just a personal thing, Jester. Don't mind me.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I've had a few customers pull money out of their sock or shoe - nasty

The worst was a couple of weeks ago this scummy looking guy handed me a $5 bill that was wet. He said he 'had got water on it', but didn't say how, and of course the first thing I thought was: did he drop it in the toilet??? I gingerly put it under the drawer in my till, then drenched my hands in sanitizer. Some SCs really deserve
          It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

Quoth Zinjadu View Post
            Some SCs really deserve
            Some SC's money really deserves too, by the sound of things.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
              I can not STAND IT when I'm paying for something and my change gets handed back to me on top of my bills. Who on earth taught them to do it that way?

On a side note- I always seemed to get the jerks who would whip out a money clip and count out all their money just to show what big shots they were. Idiots.

I hand them the reciept on the bottom, dollar bills in the middle and coins on top. It is a lot easier and neater than handing them their paper money (and waiting for them to put it away) then the change. Never had a complaint about it. If they did not like that, I am sure my customers would have told me about it being that they are very vocal.
              At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
                Why oh Why do they pull the money out of their bra.....It is sssssoooo distubing for me.....What's worse is when they aren't wearing a bra and whip it out....
                Here in South Africa, it's quite common for women in rural areas to keep their money and cellphones in their bras. Not the bra-strap, but the cup of the bra itself. No idea why tho....
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I actually don't care whether they hand me their money or put it on the counter as long as they make an effort to put it near my hand or the register. We're across the street from a synagogue so I get alot of women who refuse to give or take change directly from me. It is annoying when I get handed a bunch of bills, then they mumble something about change and reach in their pockets then look at me and wonder why I haven't cashed them out yet.
                  Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

I'm short sighted and one day I forgot my glasses for work. This didn't affect my general working but one lady counted her money out on the counter just where my vision was starting to be blurring then looked at me all expectantly. She was so confused when I said 'sorry ma'am I can't actually see the money can you hand it to me?' she acted like people working in shops are meant to never have any flaws like eye problems.

Comment

Quoth alphaboi View Post
                      I actually don't care whether they hand me their money or put it on the counter as long as they make an effort to put it near my hand or the register. We're across the street from a synagogue so I get alot of women who refuse to give or take change directly from me. It is annoying when I get handed a bunch of bills, then they mumble something about change and reach in their pockets then look at me and wonder why I haven't cashed them out yet.
                      That's a Jewish custom I believe is known as Gelt on Tisch (money on the table). It means that everyone can see that the money is correct both ways, as I understand it.

It's one of those things that's dying out, I believe.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                      X