This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you mean, "Only on days when the Cards' play?"

So, McDonald's, in its ever imploding wisdom, decided to implement a deal where any day the Cardinals' play, customers can buy BigMacs for a dollar. Note: the limits are two per person (although, that can be stretched a bit depending on who is running the floor, given my way, it'd be two. No stretch at all, per group.)

So, let me offer you a handful of the reactions/interchanges I've had just because of this promotion:
    Yeah, I'd like to order the Dollar Big Macs.
    M: "How many?"
    Four.
    M: "I'm sorry, sir, it's limit two per person."
    My daughter's over there in the booth, and we're going to take them home.
    M: "Manager!"
    Mod: "It's okay."

I'd like to order the dollar Big Macs.
    Six.
    M: "Ah, ha ha ha! No."
    Why not?
    M: "Two per person. As you are the only one who came up to me at the register, you can buy two at the dollar price, any more will be regular price."
    Why not?
    M: "Manager!"
    K: *listens to the situation, apologizes for the whole, 'no, policy says two, etc.'*
    Guy wanders off to call the rest of his crew, to figure out what they want to do about it. He comes back, and orders different stuff.

Dollar Big Macs?
    Three.
    M: *eh, sure, I was given the okay to do that so many times the prior day, one customer couldn't hurt*
    Mod: "Juwl, just so you know, there's a limit of two on the dollar Big Macs."
    M: *of course* "I know, but A told me to let three's slide all day yesterday."

Dollar Big Macs?
    M: "Ha, no. The Cardinals aren't playing today."

Dollar Big Macs when the Cardinals win? Or just when they play?
    M: "When they play."
    When they win?
    M: "No, when they play. Why would you want to restrict the already slim availability of the Dollar Big Macs to less than half the time they're available?"
    "I call murder on that!"
Working...
X