Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein a Manticore is sexually harassed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, my first thought upon reading this was "I would so sexually harass a manticore."

Just so I could say I did. -.-

If you can't beat them, use reason. Like vividly describing what and how flesh eating bacteria works and why its often found in candy. Children are gullible and their minds weak.

Comment

Last year, I had some numbskull come up to me and pull at the top of my dress while I was out celebrating Halloween in costume. Seeing as I was dressed as Bellatrix Lestrange, I felt it was entirely in character to give said numbskull a smack around the head and a push to the floor. Wish my wand had been more than a stick, then I could have put the bodybind curse on to him. XD

In your situation, despite being out of character, I would have suggested screaming at the top of your lungs, "Ow! Help! That hurts! Stop touching me there!" which would attract attention and hopefully embarrass the hell out of the spawn patrol and their parents.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
        I said little if anything, because part of a successful illusion in monster costuming is not to speak.
        Two things:
        1) Most fursuiters/Disney characters who do the whole non-mobile jaw in their suits have 'handlers' around them. IE: people who are allowed to talk/step in to stop anyone getting violent/annoying
        2) Everything I have ever read about the manticore of mythology states it could talk if I'm not mistaken.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I MUST have pictures of your manticore costume. They're a rare breed, ya know. I only want a picture to add to my collection, yes.

As for the brats, this is why I tend to go out in Costume with another person. So they can be my lieason.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

*Waves wildly*

I'LL BE YOUR HANDLER! Dress me up in a pair of white pants and a white jacket with fake blood on it.

ESCAPED LOONY FROM THE NUT HOUSE!
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Apparently if you don't have a face and LOOK human, then you aren't anymore, and deserve to be treated like a declawed version of the thing you're dressed as.
              Ask Pezzle about that; she used to have to dress as Chuck E. Cheese for a living. And yes, some kids (and adults) are total assholes towards costumed people. I would be ashamed if my son acted the way those kids did.

I'd love to see your costume. Please post pics, if you can!

Next time, don't hesitate to defend yourself, whether by screaming for help, blasting an airhorn or fighting back. A handler/liaison would be a good idea, too. You're still a human being and you still deserve to be treated with decency and courtesy, no matter what you're wearing.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

For everybody who asked, here's one of the only pics that came out clear.

http://sharsarannon.deviantart.com/a...ic-1-102406609
                "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

[/url]
                  That looks....creepy and difficult to move in.

Comment

here's one of the only pics that came out clear.
                    Nice! I'm more amazed the brat who confronted you wasn't scared out of her mind... that costume's creepy as hell, and I'd have given it a wide berth.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

OH MY DOG!

*Falls off chair*

Holy CRAP that's SCARY!
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Hey, it's constructed the same way those giant Land glider things were in The Dark Crystal.

Nicely done!
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That is an AWESOME costume!!!

If you need someone to keep the brat brigade away, just let me know.

Comment

.. I feel really old now, I just thought 'In my day kids would be terrifried of that!"

Comment

That costume is awesome and freaky at the same time! I love it!
                              "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

That is a totally scary costume! Great job!
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X