This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mondays grrrrrr

I just came back off holiday 4 weeks ago (and I could do with another one!

On the first monday, we took in a fake £20 (it was my fault and I knew as soon as it happened.) The guy gave me the note, my brain went off for a walk and when it came back, I was closing the till thinkin 'what just happened?'
    fortunatly h/o was ok and just said to make sure it doesn't happen again

The monday after that, our newby puts a credit card through the till not realising that the card machine DECLINED it, making the store £23 down

Last monday we had a 'lady' looking for a refund on a used, perfectly ok hamster cage (you may remember her (!) )

yesterday, was this;

I was cleaning out the fish tanks and hear
    random young woman 'excuse me?' turn and there is a woman peering in at the rabbits, I turned round.

RYW 'Your rabbits don't have any hay' she stated
    ME 'no. not at the moment'
    RYW ' Rabbits need hay' she told me
    ME 'They get plenty of hay at night, and we clean them out in the morning' I tell her, nicely
    RYW 'I want to see your manager'
    ME *why do they all say that?*'I am the manager'
    RYW 'Why don't they have hay?'And maybe your not aware, but rabbits don't eat that much, youv'e given them too much food. And you are feeding them the wrong stuff they should only be fed pellet food...I'll have your h/o number'
    ME 'its company policy to give them their hay at night, thats how we were trained
    RYW 'Maybe your h/o just don't know what they are doing!
    ME 'If it puts your mind at ease, we get regularly checked by the rspca and they think its ok....
    RYW 'Oh I'll be phoning the rspca about you too!'
    And she left (without the phone no.) but I am dreading what next Monday is going to bring.......
    "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Oh, good grief. I had a rabbit for a pet a long time ago, and my sister had two. They ate a little hay. And a little pellet food, when they had room for it. And alfalfa. And raisins and apples, and carrots and cabbage. And watermelon. And pears.

These rabbits lived a LONG time, which they tell me is unusual.

My point is, there is apparently not just one correct way to take care of these things.

Comment

Haha....we had a 15-lb rabbit who was partial to ice cream, cookies, applesauce, and pineapple juice. As far as the ice cream and cookies are concerned, we wanted to see if she liked it. We never expected her to hop up onto the couch when mom was EATING ice cream and come within a half-inch of being in her bowl. She'd eat just about anything...no wonder she was 15 lbs. We think dad was big though.
      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Working...
      X