This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    I remember the best Halloween costume I ever saw was a girl I went to college with. She was a toilet. She showed up wearing a cardboard box painted white with the "lid" on a headband on her head, with the bowl sticking out in front. That would have been awesome enough, but when you lifted the lid of the bowl, she had filled it with unwrapped, slightly melted and rehardened Snickers and Baby Ruths. It was so awful that it was GREAT.
    I dressed up as a toilet a couple of times, but never with unwrapped candy in me- I was a clean toilet! I wore a box wrapped with white wrapping paper for the tank and a tin foil handle- that part I wore like a backpack. It had a roll of TP hanging off the side. For the seat I wore a real toilet seat- unused of course- and it fit around my waist...used to anyway...but I can't do that anymore unless I use a squishy seat- I had a molded plastic one then. I carried around a Reader's Digest (cause it's good to read while you digest), and one year I had little legs and shoes dangling from the seat. The first year I used it was for my last year trick or treating- I cut a hole in the tank for people to put candy in.

Comment

Two years ago, for lack of any better ideas which I actually had the resources to execute, I was a software pirate. I had a black jolly roger t-shirt, my most piratey black pants and shoes, a couple CD-Rs on a USB cable around my neck (labeled "Half-Life" and "Halo"), an eyepatch, and probably some other (classical-style) pirate things which escape me at the moment. The best part: Last year, I saw someone who hadn't seen or heard about my costume as the same thing. I go to a very nerdy school.
      All glory to the hypno-toad.

Comment

Best spur-of-the-moment, last-minute costume:
        -Roomate wore a black plastic garbage bag with paper drawings of dead fish & birds taped to it: an oil spill.

Best took-a-long-time, mucho-effort costumes (tie):
        -Couple dressed as Jack & Jackie Kennedy, PERFECT IMPERSONATIONS. Pink dress, pill box hat, shoes to match, "Jack" had the right hair & the Baaahston accent down pat.
        -Guy in a full-on very detailed Pope costume he'd made himself.

Best Key West/N.O style costumes (tie):
        -Very beautiful young woman wearing nothing but saran wrap
        -Guy in black with black mask, holding two chains connected to metal collars around the necks of two topless women

My best costumes (both won prizes):
        -Shaved half my beard, cut one leg off a pair of pants. Cut two shirts in half, sewed them together in the back and buttoned together in the front. Wore black tights with one leg cut off, pinned a wrap skirt on the side with the tights showing, one woman's and one man's shoe, padding on one side of my chest, a "fall" (small pin-on long hairpiece) , and make-up on one side of my face. Alas the film got ruined, no photos of my Half man/half woman costume. I shaved the other half of the beard after the party.
        -Small orange cone tied to top of head, white T-shirt painted with replica of the Elmer's glue bottle label.
        Last edited by skeptic53; 02-23-2007, 07:28 PM.
        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
        X