This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Close, but the Tome of Town Portal doesn't need to be full, and you didn't quite make it clear that you need to make the portal in a game of a difficulty you've already beaten. Other than that though, the only thing I can add is "Don't go alone."
    I thought it did have to be full?

Also you don't have to “beat” the entire act... just diablo.
    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

I think if you have LOD installed, you have to have beaten Baal as well...

Though if you don't have LOD, you only need to beat Diablo.
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
        I think if you have LOD installed, you have to have beaten Baal as well...

Though if you don't have LOD, you only need to beat Diablo.
        i`m pretty sure i was able to summon after just beating diablo and not baal...

note: slow and/or abbreviated replies are due to having to type with a wii remote

Comment

*looks around the thread* MOO! *runs off*
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

My Accounting teacher's name was Mr Cowen. His nickname was Mr Moowen, Mr Moo, or just MOOOO.

Fun times in Accounting. Fun times.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
              See I don't get that, people who eat meat, yet don't wanna see where it came from...

Personally, I feel, that if you aren't willing to actually KILL the animal yourself, then you don't have the right to eat it.

This is why I don't eat Lamb or Veal. I've had em before, and I think they're delicious... but I won't eat em now, because I'm not willing to kill them.
              I've heard this line of reasoning from other folks, and I find it... curious.

Why exactly do I need to be willing to kill something in order to eat it? There's simply no need for that - today's society provides me the ability to walk into a store or a restaurant, say "I want this tasty animal" and be done. There's no incentive, financial or otherwise, to encourage any other course of action.

More to the point, if cruelty to animals is a concern to you, why would you want someone completely unknowledgeable slaughtering an animal and literally making a bloody mess of it?

[Also, I have to ask: why are you only willing to kill certain animals? Why does an animal's "cute and cuddly factor" affect your willingness to eat it?]

And does this mean I can't wear leather unless I'm willing to prepare it?

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              if you're going to eat meat, you should at least acknowledge where it comes from... and "the grocery store" is not the answer.

i'm reminded of a friend's saying: "meat is murder, tasty tasty murder"
              *snip*
              Now this I don't have a problem with: I recognize and acknowledge that my desire for meat means that some animal, somewhere, has to die.

I very much hope that the animal had a long, pleasant life before it goes but I understand that we're raising and killing it soley for human use and consumption.
              Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Moo moomoo MOO moo
                Moo moomoo MOO moo...

Moo moomoo moo moo moo moo
                moo moo moo
                moo moo moo
                Moo moomoo moo moo moo moo
                Moo Moo Moomoo

Lol, I got bored and thought why not...let's moooove
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                  I've heard this line of reasoning from other folks, and I find it... curious.

Why exactly do I need to be willing to kill something in order to eat it? There's simply no need for that - today's society provides me the ability to walk into a store or a restaurant, say "I want this tasty animal" and be done. There's no incentive, financial or otherwise, to encourage any other course of action.

More to the point, if cruelty to animals is a concern to you, why would you want someone completely unknowledgeable slaughtering an animal and literally making a bloody mess of it?

[Also, I have to ask: why are you only willing to kill certain animals? Why does an animal's "cute and cuddly factor" affect your willingness to eat it?]

And does this mean I can't wear leather unless I'm willing to prepare it?

I just think that if you're willing to be the direct cause of an animals death (which you are by eating the animal), you should be willing to commit the act itself.

and it's not the same thing as preparing leather... though if you do wear animal products... again you should be willing to kill the animal for them.

as for the "cute and cuddly" factor... it's just the way I am. I can't kill babies, therefore, I don't eat them.

To me it's like saying "I'll take money from a bank robbery, but I won't actually rob the bank myself." or even simpler, "I wanna be clean, but I refuse to use soap..."

If you want the result you should be willing to do the act required to get that result.

Comment

i'm reminded of a friend's saying: "meat is murder, tasty tasty murder"
                    I worked with a pescotarian (eats fish) who used to say "Meat is murder, but fish is justifiable homicide."

If you want the result you should be willing to do the act required to get that result.
                    So if I want to drive I should learn how to build my own internal combustion engine? Hmm...I can't agree. That's why there are technicians and mechanics. That's why I pay them. I enjoy the fruits of the Internet without having a clue of how it works, and love movies despite having no ability to work a camera or block a scene. And along a similar vein to the original, I'm not going to learn how to raise high-yield maize just so I can enjoy a bowl of corn flakes.

There are people to kill food animals and butcher them, and they are paid a wage for it so that I and others don't have to do it for ourselves. I'm ethically fine and dandy with that.
                    Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
                      So if I want to drive I should learn how to build my own internal combustion engine?

To me it's more simple than that... a more accurate way of putting it would be "I want to drive, so I should learn how to turn a key".

I'm not saying you should raise the cow

Comment

This is getting firmly into Fratching territory, folks, so please lay off with the views on vegetarianism etc.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

He would've had a cow () if he would've been at a sushi restaurant with my ex-husband and I once.

We ordered Lobster Sashimi. The sushi chef brought out our lobster and showed him to us and said very cheekily, "This is Bob!" He then proceeded to cut "Bob's" body in half in front of us as "Bob" tried to scamper away. He continued cutting "Bob's" tail and dicing it up and adding the sauce. "Bob" kept trying to run off the plate...our wonderful sushi chef "stuffed" the back of "Bob's" shell to make it more difficult for "Bob" to move. He garnished the plate and served us "Bob".

It was the worse I ever felt eating ANYTHING in my life. I had to turn "bob" around so he would not witness us eating his tail. It was awful. "Bob" lived for a long time...the entire meal.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

Lol, I got bored and thought why not...let's moooove
                            Sure beats standing here chewing our cuds.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                              It was the worse I ever felt eating ANYTHING in my life. I had to turn "bob" around so he would not witness us eating his tail. It was awful. "Bob" lived for a long time...the entire meal.
                              I don't think I could have eaten. Its one thing for the food to be alive before I'm eating it. But while I'm eating?

Comment

Quoth Gwen_Goth View Post
                                only just got it working again on my new(ish) PC
                                Anyone know any way to make it center with frames instead of stretching on widescreen? Windowing looks like crap...very dark and doesn't gamma-correct properly.
                                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
                                X