This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
    Far as I know, cashing out a customer's coinstar slip for myself is not allowed. Plus, those kids were acting more mischievious than generous.
    Some how I don't think those kids would know that cashiers couldn't cash out a coinstar slip. But you never know....I would like to think the good thing before assuming they were trying to pull a fast one.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I dunno even if they thought they was being cute they still might have wound up doing somethign sorta nice. I mean if you can't cash out your own slips maybe you could pass the good kharma on to someone else and give it to them if they are nice enough? Either that or on break, or after work, go to another cashier and have them cash you out?

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
        Found a what now?
        Coinstar is a machine they have in grocery stores that you can dump your change in and get a slip for cash or a gift card for some online merchants. They suck. They take something like 10%.

It seems to me that if you use the money in the store where the machine is located you should get 100% credit. After all you could take a bunch of coins to the checkout to make your purchase.
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
          Coinstar is a machine they have in grocery stores that you can dump your change in and get a slip for cash or a gift card for some online merchants. They suck. They take something like 10%.

It seems to me that if you use the money in the store where the machine is located you should get 100% credit. After all you could take a bunch of coins to the checkout to make your purchase.
          Of course... you could just take all your coins to a bank and get 100% of it deposited into your account... but who in their right mind ever does their banking at a bank anymore?!
          "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
          -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

How much was it for?
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

i probrably would have kept the slip...(even though at my work place we can GET INTO A SHITLOAD of trouble) I found a $6.00 one still in the coinstar machine with no one around. Someone just hit print reciept and it came out and they just left it there. Well...I wasn't supposed to start for and hour or so; so I grabbed the reciept and became $6.00 richer than I was at the time.
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                How much was it for?
                It was for 73 cents. I know it's a small amount but what those kids did really ticked me off.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
                  Of course... you could just take all your coins to a bank and get 100% of it deposited into your account... but who in their right mind ever does their banking at a bank anymore?!
                  My bank charges U.$.5.00 to sort coins. It's worth it for me. I dump all my coins in a jar at the end of the day. Right now I'm working on a 5 U.S. gallon water bottle. It's going to be years. I've had it for two and it is only 1/3 full.
                  Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Wow, both of my banks charge $0.00 to sort and count coins. I think you need a better bank, Mark.
                    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

most banks charge for LARGE amounts of unrolled coins, meaning if it can be rolled, and its not, they charge you for that. But if your depositing them into your account they will usually wave that fee.

me and kyle have saved $180 simply from dumping anything under quaters this year alone .... I love rolling coins though, so methodical and rythmic...ahh relaxing.
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

A group of kids, probably the same ones I originally mentioned, handed me a coinstar slip and once again took off. I yelled, "HEY!" and the kids kept running and so now I'm convinced that this was a prank.
                        My Fanfic Page
                        My Fiction Page
                        My Social Group
                        My Pet Social Group
                        My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                        X