Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Lowes have a no questions return policy before?

I seem to remember a commercial of a guy returning a used drill 3 weeks after he bought it without the box and Lowes was cool with it.

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
      Yes, but.....when they buy them all up within the first day in order to make profit, and meanwhile people with diabetes cant find these things on the shelves, then that is when they steal from sick people.
      My dad's a diabetic. He's got more BG meters than he can ever use. The manufacturers send them to him in hopes he'll buy their test strips, which is where the real money is.

I'm surprised anyone ever buys a BG meter.

Comment

My husband has purchased two: both WalMart Relion (different model, he had to buy the second when strips for the first were discontinued). He selected that meter based on the cost of strips.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Seannette, that's exactly the advice I give to people who want to purchase a glucometer from me. Yeah, the ones that don't require a coding strip or come in little sealed drums are neato, but god, the strips are spendy.

I also always tell people to check their insurance coverage to see if they'll cover strips and lancets, and if so, check which meters they'll do it for.
          Medicare part B will cover at least part of them at a 100 day supply, Medicare part D won't at all.

Comment

Pharmacy is pretty much scam-proof, you can't fool an insurance company's computers, if they won't pay for somthing, you'll never get it through and Federal law prevents medication from being taken back once it leaves, not that some people don't still try, but they don't get far.

You're more likely to encounter bogus Rx's than someone trying to pull a fast one with a legit one
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The stupidest scammer we have ever had(and it'a a long list) was a woman who tried to return a bunch of DVDs, and games, one had no case, one was a title we at WM never carried, and one still had a Blockbuster sticker on the case.
              The smartest was a guy who stole bikes and returned them. It may sound dumb but he knew what we carried, and only stole those models.

Comment

I get a few customers who go through the paper looking for coupons, buy only items with coupons, and then come back a few days later to return one or two of the items. They space out the returns, thinking we don't know what's going on. But come on- 10 items with 10 coupons, all hair dyes and plug in fragrance things. They return them for the non coupon price and there's nothing we can do to stop them because apparently we can't prove for sure what the coupons were for. I want to find a way to stop them!

Comment

Working...
                X