Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the good, the bad, and the clueless(with bonus WTH? momment)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the good, the bad, and the clueless(with bonus WTH? momment)

ah yes the joy of the call center for a wireless phone company.....

a few calls from today's imprisonment on the phones......

the good:
    I don't remember the exact issue the caller was having, but I fixed it in a couple minutes and was told by the customer "You are the nicest agent I've ever dealt with at company x, you've restored my faith in your company, I said to myself if this doesn't get fixed today I'll pay the early termination fee and be done with it, but you took care of a problem I've been having for months" I got the happy eyes watering from that call-it felt good to be apreciated.

the bad(situation):
    customer called in to change his number as his soon to be ex-wife was harassing him. I really felt for this guy, telling a total stranger how he came home to his wife in bed with someone else on his b-day(a few days ago), and how she broke in and trashed his house. Changed his #, "chatted" for a bit(we are supposed to build rapport) and he told me "you seem like a really nice girl, and you have a sweet voice -now at least I know all women aren't evil-and by the way you have my number, now can I get yours?" I told him it was against company policy.

the clueless(not mine-co-worker's):
    Customer got a "field replacement unit"(FRU Phone) from tech support as the old one was bad. Now we have a script where we tell the customer that we need the old phone back or they will be charged full retail for the FRU(we send a paid return sticker, and it's listed on the activation paperwork that comes in the box!!!). Customer didn't send old phone back-got charged. Couldn't understand why(you guessed it "but no one TOLD me I had to send the old phone back"), claimed they didn't read the paperwork(then how did you know how to activate it-it's a different process), and threw the old phone out-demanded a supervisor who gave her $50 to shut her up. I told my co-worker next time she gets a call like that to ask the customer if they bought a toaster and it didn't work would they go to the store and ask for a new one without bringing the old non-working one?(for some odd reason this usually gets the concept across-I've used it several times) Both my co-worker and the supervisor were impressed (they never thought of it)

and the bonus WTH? momment:
    c=customer
    BK=the wireless Wench at your service :bows:

C="I know you can't do any thing about this, and it's not your fault but I just want to complain to someone."
    BK=ooookkkkaaayyyy?
    C=I had service with company y for 5 years and never dropped a call, however I've been with you for 25 days and dropped more calls than I've made"
    BK= would you like to speak with someone in tech support? I'd really like to help you out as I don't like hearing about my customers having bad experiances.
    C=No that's fine, I'll deal with it, I love my new Treo 700(tm) I just needed to complain and get that off my chest, maybe you can take that into a meeting or something."
    BK=Are you sure you don't want me to help you?
    C=nope you have a nice day BlaqueKatt, thanks for listening, I feel much better now that I've gotten that off my chest."
    BK=Ok you have a nice day too Mr. x

Funny thing is, he wasn't angry, and I'm pretty sure the issue was with his phone and could've been fixed if he'd have let me-nicest/friendliest complaint ever

BlaqueKatt-"yes I can hear you now, but I'm really not sure I want to.*"

*twisting my company's "catchphrase"
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    (for some odd reason this usually gets the concept across-I've used it several times)
    It's simple, they know how to work a toaster, they know the steps to return a faulty toaster. But they think that because a cell phone is beyond their knowledge, (which it usually is ) they don't have to know anything about it.

It's the same principal of using a car engine failure metaphor to explain to a car lover why his computer died on him.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
    X