Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people used a personal pronoun on me, I would give them a gentle reality check:

SC: You screwed up my order!
    Me: (insert look of startled suprise) "I" screwed up your order?
    SC: Oh. Well, no, maybe not you....

I would go in with the attitude that no, I didn't screw up your order, but I AM the person who's gonna fix your problem. So be polite. I think a lot of people just need to be dragged back into reality.

ARG! The Borg Collective. That used to drive me insane, too!

SC: So, can you do it?
    Me:
    SC: Well, I just explained it.
    Me: You just explained it to me?
    SC: No, to that guy over there.
    Me: Well, can you please explain it to me?
    SC: Why should I have to go through it all again?
    Me: Because I have no idea what you said to him, since I'm not him?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      If people used a personal pronoun on me, I would give them a gentle reality check:

SC: You screwed up my order!
      Me: (insert look of startled suprise) "I" screwed up your order?
      SC: Oh. Well, no, maybe not you....
      I get crap like this supervisors all the time at the office. Lets call them SCs since that's what they act like.

SC: You didn't order enough calendars for my department!
      Me: (pulls out completed order form) Here's the order you placed for your department. It was completed exactly as written.
      SC: But I didn't get to everybody in my department!
      Me: And how exactly is it my fault you don't talk to your workers?
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Pet Peeves of mine at work:

Customers who tend to hide one side of their pass showing a nice side of a white sheet of paper. I need to see what kind of pass it is dolt.

People moving barrels or cones at the VIP chains. Some of these barrels are extremely heavy and people are willing to wreck their cars to move them.

Customers who fly right by and get pissed when I yell for them. Let's see car + closed window * loud stereo / conversation = Me yelling to get your attention. And you know perfectly well that you have to show me your pass.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

On the subject of going into hardware stores....
          Years ago, my friend's dad was installing a dryer for me, but needed a new power cord...a special kind (I think it was a mare's head cord or something)
          Instead of telling me (knowing I'd forget, or get it wrong) he gave me the old one, told me to take it to the store, and get one three feet longer.
          I walked into the store, carrying this cord in front of me like a snake, and all the hardware guys came right over.
          "You want Aisle 11, Electrical Supplies...'cmon!"
          We went over, I told him I needed one three feet longer...and he gave me what I wanted. I never had to fumble around with descriptions or what it was for...
          That was SO easy! I love the ACE hardware places!
          I no longer fear HELL.
          I work in RETAIL.

Comment

I don't mind Ace so much because of just what you said. You pretty much go into a hardware place knowing exactly what you need most of the time. All you have to do is say "I need this" and the ACE guys will practically shop for you. Frankly, I think they do that to reduce shrinkage, but whatever.

The place I fled was The Body Shop, because in a place like that, you want to browse and look at stuff and select a gift without really knowing what you want till you see it. You can't do that with people constantly asking you if they can help you and otherwise bugging you.

Comment

We used to have a joke in the bookstore about the customer who'd come in asking for a book, not knowing a title, author, subject, or anything remotely helpful about the book..."But it has a blue cover!"

Sadly, this wasn't much of a joke as this kind of customer was all too frequent.
              He loves the world...except for all the people.
              --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
              X