X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whine, whine, whine

Three stories to share...

Me and CW are working in the juniors department, which is tucked in a lonely little corner of the store. SC approaches.

Me: Hi, can I help you?
    SC: Yeah, where's the fitting room?
    Me: It's just down there *points down aisle* on the left.
    SC: Ohmigod! It's so far away!
    Me: Yes, ma'am. Sorry.
    SC: I mean, really far. Why isn't there one over here?
    Me: We took it out after our remodel eight years ago because it's far from the cash registers.
    SC: You should put one back over here. It's so far to walk!
    Me: Yeah...I'm sorry...?
    SC: *walks off muttering*

What the heck? I know it's a little bit of a walk, but it's not that far, honest to god. I have this conversation every once and a while with a customer, but it's never been this whiney. She could have made it to the fitting room in all that time she took to complain. What did she want me to do? Pull a fitting room outta my ass?

------

I am walking towards the mall entrance. SC comes towards me, looking freaked out and angry.

SC: WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THE MALL CLOSED?!

Yes, she screamed this.

Me: Ma'am, they are about to remodel the mall--
    SC: I'M HUNGRY. I NEED TO EAT.
    Me: There's a pretzel booth near Penny's--
    SC: That's too far! Is there anything closer?
    Me: You can buy food at the dollar tree which is right next door.
    SC: Don't be a smartass! *walks off*

I don't know how I was a smartass. Yes, they are about to remodel the mall (finally, as it was never repaired after the hurricanes). That's why it is all dark and 90% empty.

-------

I am in my store on my day off, shopping with my sister. I overhear/witness this.

Three CWs are ringing up customers at a four register cashwrap. They are pulling customers from a single line. SC family lines up at a register and not in the customer line. CW asks ladies to go line up in the line.

SC 1: OMG--this is so inconvenient!
    SC 2: I know! It's so confusing!
    SC 3: Why isn't there a sign on this side!
    SC 2: Then we wouldn't have wasted our time to stand in this line!

*note--they were in line all of five seconds before CW asked them to step into the main customer line.*

SCs move over to the main customer line and then get mad when they can't figure out what side of the sign to stand on. The sign says "Customer line forms here." On the ground, there is a sort of runway, with lines showing where the line forms. (does that make sense?)

SC 2: God, you think they could do this better!
    SC 3: If that other cash wrap was opened, we wouldn't have to wait!

This goes on for a while...they stand in line for three minutes and then when CW calls them over (the same one that told them to get in line), they don't want to check out in his line.

SC 1: You are too rude! We are going to wait!

I don't get why they complain about waiting and then when they get the chance to ring out, they refuse and say they are going to wait...

*blinks* Wha....holidays bring out so many stupid.

Comment

Oh joy, it begins.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
        Three stories to share...

SC: WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THE MALL CLOSED?!
        Because they saw you coming and didn't want to serve your entitled ass. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm closing for lunch
        "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
          She could have made it to the fitting room in all that time she took to complain. What did she want me to do? Pull a fitting room outta my ass?
          Didn't you know all retail employees are supposed to be equipped with an Ass of Infinite Holding which is fully stocked with anything SCs might request, up to and including an entirely different business with a full staff waiting with bated breath for the SC's demands? I mean, duh!

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            Didn't you know all retail employees are supposed to be equipped with an Ass of Infinite Holding which is fully stocked with anything SCs might request, up to and including an entirely different business with a full staff waiting with bated breath for the SC's demands? I mean, duh!
            Either that, or have those things in the Back Room.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
              Ass of Infinite Holding
              Am I the only one who started thinking about a C_S trading card game? Anyone want to volunteer their artistic skills to paint THAT card? Or maybe a tabletop RPG? We could call it Customers Suck: Payback's a Bitch.

*wonders if it was a good idea to put Bailey's in the coffee this morning*

(And I don't even PLAY trading card games!)
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                Am I the only one who started thinking about a C_S trading card game?
                Hell yes! That could be much fun, if played similarly to Chez Geek, maybe?
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                  Am I the only one who started thinking about a C_S trading card game? Anyone want to volunteer their artistic skills to paint THAT card?
                  Just put goatse on the card.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

A customer draws near....
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

*Sigh* And from that one little link, my afternoon bit the dust.
                      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post
                        *Sigh* And from that one little link, my afternoon bit the dust.
                        As did mine.
                        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
                          As did mine.
                          *High Fives* Glad to know I'm not alone!!

Although I did tell my Darling Husband when he was asking for dinner that he got a -10 chance of having sex due to a Surrounded by Packing Boxes/stuff to pack spell. He was rather lost.
                          Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Working...
                          X