This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rantage of a bad day (long)

My sucky day goes as follows and involves SC's, cursing out coworkers and morons in management....well sorta.

SC-ness

OK, here's the deal. From January 1st, there will not be anymore bags in this state. We will not have plastic bags. No retail store within the state will have them. So bitching and yelling that you'll go to the competitior because we don't give you bags is pointless. What'll happen when they stop giving out bags huh?

Bitching at me will not get you a bag. Giving me abuse will not get you a bag. Telling me that you are a) a tourist or b) disabled when I can see that you aren't will also not warrant you a bag. We have signs all over the store. If you cannot read them, then you suck. If you ask politely or have a legitimate reason for a bag, I may get you one. No, I will not give you a bag because you are going into another shop afterwards. It's called a receipt, we have tape at the service counter, we can tape the receipt over the offending item if you're so worried about being picked for stealing. We do not get paid for abuse.

To the gentleman who wanted a bag for his bag of oranges (bear in mind that this is a 3kg mesh bag full of oranges already that the rest of the general population will carry without plastic bags): go fry in hell. You have a trolley. Use it if you're so worried about having to carry the oranges through the rest of the mall. And as for your spawn of satan, I hope that he spends the rest of his life in a sweatshop.

To the people who come in 1 minute to closing: if you were in the store for 20 minutes and have a big shop before we closed, fine. If you came in one minute to close and spend the next 20 minutes browsing, my patience will drop. Rapidly. So do not expect the world's most brilliant service after close. We would like to go home.

To the number of old men who kept coming through my checkout today: I am not your dear or love. So stop with the pet names. Do not address me by name please. Also, I am wearing the work uniform. I have a basket in my hand full of stock. I am putting said stock back. So WHYYY do you keep asking me "Do you work here?"

Cursing out coworkers:

OK Aussie Numbnuts. If you spread one more rumour about my lovelife I will take the splintery pole I have been preparing for months now and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Yes I may like a guy. Stringing me up so I have to rely on you for information is not helpful. Do not play the "he likes you, nah just kidding" game with me. It is not funny. If it continues, I WILL go to management and tell them everything.

Management:

For the love of DOG, whyyyy have I not been considered to work the smoke counter? I am old enough, I have been trained and yet you are planning on putting someone who is younger with barely any experience into the smokeshop area. Why are you putting someone who spends more time flirting and chatting with the nightfill than actually doing the after-closing duties into an area that will result in her being the subject of much flirtation in the afternoon? Is there a beauty requirement that I wasn't aware of?

But thank you very much for listening to me today when I explained my mental illness.

Ok, I feel much better now, rant is over.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Which state are you in getting rid of bags?

And denile is not a state.

And also *hugs and baked goods*
    Last edited by Nyoibo; 11-22-2008, 09:57 AM.
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
      Which state are you in getting rid of bags?

And denile is not a state.

And also *hugs and baked goods*
      Thanks you. I'm in the same state as edible_hat.

Comment

Wait, SA's getting rid of bags next year?

When did we decide this and why wasn't I told?
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Ny, it's been in the papers for months now. The government decided around the time of the Federal Election and it was recently passed through parliament. Vic is doing a 4-week trial on bag levies, some stores have stopped offering plastic bags flat out already, but we're still offering bags on certain registers, just not on others.

Comment

it's probably the fact I haven't had anything to do with any form of media in the past 2 years, maybe I should start paying attention.

Comment

I'm in NSW, our competitor is going to start charging for plastic bags or getting rid of their bags next month, we had some guy ring up asking if we still have our plastic bags and if we're going to get rid of them, so far we don't know when that's happening.

The guy started bitching about it and said he was going to the newspapers about it.

Good luck with that you moron
              I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Is it all bags or just plastic bags? Whats is the reason given for doing so? I am merely curious... And ignorant of whats happening in my state let alone one on the other side of the country.

Also, my father is one of those creepy old man types, and I still don't know whay they do that, but I will apologize in behalf of him.
                Those that look into the fog will see only fog, those that STEP into the fog will see the future.

Comment

I think that getting rid of the bags is AWESOME. I wish they would do that here in the US. I realize people will bitch and complain, but I ALREADY carry my own canvas bags, and I use baskets also. It is practically a fight to get cashiers and baggers to even believe that I don't want their bags (they go, "Are you SURE?" and I tell them I am 110% positive) and then the bagger leaves and ANOTHER one comes along and starts putting my stuff in those stupid plastic bags that rip if you put boxes with corners in them. Oh, and I hate it when people give/take a bag for something that is already IN a bag (such as the oranges) or for something with a handle built into it, such as milk or laundry detergent. Yeah, well maybe Barack Obama will do something about this I'm sure...
                  I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

I bring my own bags too, I have quite a few in my trunk right now (and yes, they do all get used, lol) Most places are cool with it, though one convience store near me tends to laugh at me, no worries. (another store, same chain....the owner was so happy i brought my own bag he went on for a good 5 mins of how he hated seeing plastic bags all over the roadside)

Anywho, I'm not totally sure I agree with banning bags, but I do approve of how some stores reward you for bringing in your own. I do feel bad to employees were your store is going ban bags, customers will play the poor cashiers for this.
                    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Am I missing the point in banning plastic bags?

Comment

They are a waste of resources and they end up as litter and don't get recycled because people think it's too "inconvenient" but they are soooooo convenient and they suck because they rip, and then they double-bag them, so you get TWO ripped useless bags instead of one... If they are going to give out bags, paper bags are better for a variety of reasons, but people are lazy so I expect we'll end up with mountains of trash one day, like in the movie "Idiocracy". I'll be dead by then so, so what.

This is a pet-peeve of mine, in case you couldn't tell by my lack of ability to make a proper sentence just there.
                        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Ok but I'm gonna laugh when the streets are littered with the canvas bags.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                            Except most places I've seen require you to buy those canvas bags, they're not free...
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                              Quoth Juwl View Post
                              Except most places I've seen require you to buy those canvas bags, they're not free...
                              And they're actually re-usable. Those plastic bags are so cheaply made now, our store has to double bag them, else they'll rip with like a pound or two of things in them. It's a complete waste for my company to buy them, but they still do ._.
                              Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                              X