X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Zeniq View Post
    ... I don't get it...
    British pubs don't have waiters. Or waitresses. They have people who take your order at the bar, bring out food when it's ready, and clear the tables when you're done. Other than delivery and removal of plates, they don't do anything at the tables.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

You just brought back so many memories of when I waited tables and tended bar. Oh my! I just was blasted back to the past.

I remember days like these where my ass got handed to me.

One place in particular was the sports bar I worked. They had a Golden Tee video game across from the service bar. On very busy nights, this game had several people around it, not too mention several people by the cocktail tables, and then several people in the adjoining dining room. For some reason, those who were not sitting at tables decided the best place to gather was right by the service bar and right in the entrance way to the dining area. With trays full - FULL - of drinks, I would try to squeeze by. My polite "excuse me's" quickly turned to "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!! NOW!!!!" On several occasions. They didn't hear "excuse me" but they sure they hell heard the other demand.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
      X