Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your defention of inconsiderate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your defention of inconsiderate?

Really though some people toss words around whitout much head to their meaning or proper usage. I'm not an expert by any means but when a person has a phone up to their ear and is talking away to the person on the other line, isent rude and inconsiderate to butt in with your own question.
    I though holding up one finger (the finger that indicates wait one moment, not the other finger) and then indicating to the phone implying that I am busy at the moment was polity enough I had a smile on my face the whole time. When in that was I inconsiderate?

Seriously the guys buddy waits until I'm five feet away and said in a rather loud voice "Your some fucking inconsiderate!" My response after I interrupted the lady on the phone with a hold on a sec please and put the phone down against my leg (i have no mute button) "If you had some fucking patience you be deadly." (Yes I know it wasn't the greatest comeback but it was the first thing that popped out of my mouth.) I turned around and start talking to the lady on the phone again she was all nice asking me what was the matter and I explained that some customers think the customers who call in isent worth the time .

I dont know what the proper procedure is in the store to me its seams to be a first come first served and that's how i do it, if I'm talking with a person in the store they come first. I may answer the phone (cause it annoys me so much when it rings) but then the phone call gets out on hold until im finished .

OK thanks for reading im glad to get this off my chest.

Shoot, I broke my stupid stick....again.

I agree. If I am already on the phone when you come to me for help, you have to wait until I'm finished. If the phone rings while I am helping you, I will not answer it. If it continues to ring, I will answer it quickly and ask the person to hold, then get back to you.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BSE is right on target with that one.

However, in the case that the person with the Cellphonitis walks up to the register and pays no attention to the transaction going on, then the polite thing to do IMO would be to end the call for the duration of the checkout transaction. Then, once you have your merchandise and on your way out the door, if you want to resume your call by all means do.

Being on the cashier side of the counter, I can't tell you how many times I've had to talk over someone's phone just to ask if they have their store discount card or give them their total so they can make payment and get barely an acknowledgment.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I agree. If I am already on the phone when you come to me for help, you have to wait until I'm finished. If the phone rings while I am helping you, I will not answer it. If it continues to ring, I will answer it quickly and ask the person to hold, then get back to you.
        That's what I do, and yes, people waiting in line will get pissy, but then they'll also complain when no one answers the phone when they call. Well, make up your mind.

Comment

I think it's fine to answer the phone while you've got customers, but customer on phone gets put on hold until you're finished with the transaction you were already in the middle of.
          "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

This whole thing reminds me of being on the flip side of the "inconsiderate" behavior.

To avoid a total threadjack, I'll just post a link to my thread about it.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...10&postcount=1
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

hell thats policy here, we are even suppose to answer the phone with customers at the counter we just put them on hold

Comment

Working...
              X