This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not clairevoyent

Nor am I employed by Rocky Mountain Power... so please explain to me dear SC, why the hell I should know why the power was out for so long or if it is really going to stay on. Yes, you wonder why I didn't call the power company... very good question... the main reason being that our phone system is running off of back up power right now and I don't want to use a single watt more than I have to so that if this power outage does go all night the switchboard will still have power for the wake up calls... oh and in case you were wondering the battery for the phone system did end up dying the power out was for so long. And once power was back up I had rather more important things to do, like getting the computers working again... I am assuming dear SC that you would like to be able to check out in the morning... this cannot happen if I don't get the computers up and running. Also I must reset the security systems, once again dear SC, I'm assuming you want those online and reseting the fire doors... once again, I'm assuming Mr. SC that you would appreciate free movement through out the building (the fire doors are designed to allow easy movement towards the exits and deficult movement away from the exit).
    Oh, and before acting like this is my fault Mr. SC, you have a room that faces 2 other hotels... you will have noticed that their power is out also... oh hey, the 2 hotels on the other side of us didn't have power either... oh, and if you look down the block there is not a single building within 2 blocks with power... unless I have the power to knock out a transformer (about the only way that such a large area would be out of power) without leaving the building I had nothing to do with this outage.

edit- we've found out what caused the power outage... a drunk driver hit a power pole on North Temple just west of Redwood... it happened to be one of the poles holding up the main line providing power to Airport east... everything on North Temple west of Redwood was out... except the Airport itself because it has a separate line.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 11-24-2008, 02:32 PM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Ugh. Like our staff when something's wrong with their phone so they call IT and we say "It's something at Telecom, not at our end" and they ask "So when will it be fixed?".

Well, uh ... when Telecom fix it? I really can't offer you anything more than that.

Comment

People honestly. Sometimes I think people just complain to complain & that in reality they don't mind the situation, they just need a friend whom they can verbally abuse.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
        People honestly. Sometimes I think people just complain to complain & that in reality they don't mind the situation, they just need a friend whom they can verbally abuse.
        Friend? Oh yeah... these people probably don't have friends to abuse so they'll settle for complete strangers in cities that they most likely will never stay in again.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
          Have you noticed how SCs spend more time complaining than they do about finding a solution?

A customer would spend about 5 minutes bitching and the solution takes only 2 minutes. Then they whine about the call being too long when its them who are taking much of my time.

Anyways, back to topic: We always get cable outages and some scs would keep asking me "why?" "why"! I do not know why, I DON'T LIVE IN YOUR STATE!

Comment

Reminds of the folks that call cable operators stations to complain about some problem with the network programming.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
            X