Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like having dollar coins around. I normally don't use cash at all, but when I do, it's usually for small purchases in some sort of machine (vending or tokens), and dollar coins work so much better in them. I almost missed the last train from the airport one night because I couldn't get the F*ing ticket machine to take my only dollar bill - I had no other US currency on me at the time.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
      I've seen vending machines that wouldn't accept the new quarters, but I figure they would be all modified now to accept them . . . maybe he didn't even try . . .
      When the washing machines don't take my new quarters, I just flip them around and put them in the other way. Works like a charm.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Man, at the gas station I'd get them all the time. Tried giving them out as change. That didn't work. Eventually I just put them in my last drop envelope of my shift.
        A guy at 7-11 actually gave me a couple of old Susan B Anthony coins last night as change. He apologized and said he was waiting on the safe to spit out more $1's (it was 3 in the morning) - I told him it didn't bother me at all, just caught me off guard.

Of course, when I pulled up to get gas, he was outside smoking a cigarette and started to make a beeline for the door - I told him "hey finish your cigarette, I'll just wait out here until you're done". He gave me a look until I told him I'd worked retail... and know how expensive smokes are (I was also getting a pack of cigs).

He finished his cig, we BS'd about how slow of a night it'd been.

Comment

Working...
        X