This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think YOU get to talk?

Alrighty. Long night at work. 3-10 shift, been dead most of the night, but I still had a decent amount of tables. Manager was happy with me, made 18-19% average on tips, so I'm in a great mood. 10 o'clock rolls around, so I start getting my sidework done.

Third shifters all get double/triple sat as soon as they walk in, so I decide to get drink orders for a couple tables to help out. I walk up to the table, and get as far as "Hey there. Can I get you so-" "You're ugly! We want a good looking girl waiter."

Me: -turns around and walks away without saying a word-

Seriously, what the hell? I was just trying to help out my coworker. And the best part? These people were UGLY. I mean, it looked like that one kid from Deliverance, in the Dueling Banjos scene, got thrown off Ugly Cliff into the Ugly Tree, where he proceeded to hit every branch on the way down before falling into Ugly Puddle. I'm not insanely good looking, but I'm damn sure not ugly. My manager said it was like comparing a beautiful, flawless diamond to a pile of cow manure. She also said they looked like they were brother and sister.

Later, as I was walking out with my jacket on, they shouted at me from across the room for another hot chocolate. I just smiled and kept walking.

The rest of the night was more than enough to make up for it though. It feels good to be the one people go to for advice/help/damage control.
    "Everyone in the world should have to wait tables for one year of their life so they can understand that your ranch dressing is NOT fucking important!" Daniel Tosh

You know if I had been a manager and had some guests treat an employee that way, I might just kick them out of the damned building.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Nile View Post
      "You're ugly! We want a good looking girl waiter." ...And the best part? These people were UGLY. I mean, it looked like that one kid from Deliverance, in the Dueling Banjos scene, got thrown off Ugly Cliff into the Ugly Tree, where he proceeded to hit every branch on the way down before falling into Ugly Puddle.
      I don't know why, but when someone makes fun of you for something, they're always much worse off than you. Like the last jerk who made fun of me for being fat was about twice as heavy as I was.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

@Crazed: She wanted to. She told the third-shifter who took them that if they said anything, she'd kick them out. I'm curious as to how this one turned out... I'll have to ask her Wednesday.

@X: I know, right? I really wish I had had a mirror, just so I could point it back at them.
        "Everyone in the world should have to wait tables for one year of their life so they can understand that your ranch dressing is NOT fucking important!" Daniel Tosh

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          You know if I had been a manager and had some guests treat an employee that way, I might just kick them out of the damned building.
          Fuck that, kick them OFF the damn building!

Of course, at CS, we don't condone violence, yadda yadda yadda...
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I wonder, do you live near me? THis is the full-on attitude of an ex-acquaintance of mine and his covey- they knew better than to try this crap where I could hear it 9joys of being a "ball breaker feminist")

Any girl he wants to date or dates and wants to sleep with but gets nowhere with is either a tease or frigid.

Any girl that would actually sleep with him is a "shadowlurker"- too ugly to look for men in the light, and not worth sleeping with.

(he had some redeeming points, but the underlying mysogynist asshole eventually eroded them away)

Comment

That type of thing infuriates me. I understand that the stereotype is that most if not all attractive people are shallow and rude, but after dating my last boyfriend and getting to know all of his likeminded-in-every-way friends, I hope everyone is aware that there are plenty of average to below average looking people that can be just as cruel, shallow, and horrible as pretty people, just as this story portrays.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I long for the days when managers encourage the kind of response of, "And I was hoping for attractive customers but I got screwed with you shovel-faces. Now, you want some damn drinks or should I just go make myself a stiff one to make you look a little more presentable?"

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  I long for the days when managers encourage the kind of response of, "And I was hoping for attractive customers but I got screwed with you shovel-faces. Now, you want some damn drinks or should I just go make myself a stiff one to make you look a little more presentable?"
                  Just one stiff one? I think those two would require at last a six-pack, or an entire bottle of whiskey, to become presentable.

Actually, you might be able to say something like that if you worked at Dick's Last Resort.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

......Where's my machete?
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Oh I get that at work occasionally too

SC- oh I was hoping the cute girl would be working tonight
                      Me- (what I want to say) funny, and I was hoping a cute guest would come in tonight... I guess both of us will have to keep hoping
                      me- (what I do say)
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Salmiakkikossu. It cures the nerves, puts on the goggles, and freshens your nose all at once. Perfect for dealing with certain kinds of SCs.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                          :scribbles: Must ... remember ... for ... bar...
                          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                          X