X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Note to My Lovely Customers

Dear Valued Customers,

I have just worked a nine hour shift. I have punched out and am in my coat. I was halfway out the door of the store when you decided to stop me and force me to show you where a number of items were. Perhaps you didn't see my co-worker standing around doing nothing, or my manager that was putting boxes on the shelf right next to you, regardless I would like to go home and be away from you. In the future please don't grab me and drag me back into the store when I was so,so close to freedom.

Love,
    GloboRojo

Has something like this happened to you? They also seem to like to find me when I'm on my 30 minute lunch too.

thats when you walk them back over to your coworker or manager and hand them over

also when your on your break put on your coat, cover your name tag and WALK fast, directly and as if you cant hear anything but your lunch calling you
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yes we have people bang on the doors after hours.I just pretend not to hear them.It would be a cold day in hell before a SC grabs me.I would just pretend not to hear them and when they grab you tell them to get the hell off of you. You're off the clock,so hell with them.

Comment

I flat out ignore anyone who speaks to me when I'm on break or leaving for the day. If my boss complains, I tell him to pay me for the time and I'll happily help the customer. But as long as I'm off the clock, I'm not doing jack.

Comment

If a customer literally grabbed me, I might uh...well, it wouldn't be pretty.

I have absolutely no qualms with telling a customer that I'm not on the clock.

Yes, I know this could be seen as rude, but I'm off the clock. And because I know full well that "just one question" is rarely as simple as that. They want help, they can ask someone who is being paid to help them.
          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Well, I don't like causing confrontation or anything. So I just let them do what they want, then I book it out of there as soon as I can. I suppose it's my fault I let them do that to me haha

Comment

Try putting a cellphone to your ear. You don't have to be talking to anybody, just carry on a conversation. It is also important to have the cellphone look of not quite focused on what you're doing as you walk briskly out the door.

Seriously, as already stated, you walk the person back in the store and hand them off.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Usually it's when I'm behind the CS desk and checking a shedule/clocking out. I tell them I'm not on and tell them I'll find someone for them. At one point, however, I was shooting the breeze with our Door Agent when someone interrupted me. I had my coat on, too, so I said I was off and they could ask someone at CS before turning back to my convo.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  Try putting a cellphone to your ear. You don't have to be talking to anybody, just carry on a conversation. It is also important to have the cellphone look of not quite focused on what you're doing as you walk briskly out the door.
                  This is what I do to avoid customers when I'm on my break/lunch.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                    thats when you walk them back over to your coworker or manager and hand them over

also when your on your break put on your coat, cover your name tag and WALK fast, directly and as if you cant hear anything but your lunch calling you
                    And use the Rule of Three: you can plausibly deny hearing a customer the first two times they call you... just keep up your pace, you're on a mission

I also find it helps if you walk like you're trying to knock down an imaginary door with your forehead.

Comment

Working...
                    X