This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted him from 12 feet away!

As this guy came into the store, I thought "here comes an entitelement whore..." (and it wasn't just because he was driving a new Mercedes convertible with personalised number plates, or that he was wearing an Armani suit)

Sure enough, he wants a gas bottle filled. At 9pm, when I'm the only staff member there.

SC: Can I get a gas bottle filled?
    Me: No, I'm the only worker here and I have to stay...
    SC: (interrupting) That's OK, nobody else is around.
    Me: Somebody has to stay at this counter at all times.
    SC: Oh come on, nothing's going to happen. What if I go out there with you?
    Me: (switches to "bugger off" body language) No.
    SC: What if I give you a thousand dollars in cash?
    Me: No.
    SC: Seriously, here it is. (puts a bundle of cash on the counter)
    SC: So you won't do it, even for $1000?
    Me: No. ($1000 is worth less than keeping my job)
    SC: You're kidding me.

Repeat ad nauseum until the next customer showed up, at which point the SC says "thanks mate" and leaves quickly. I guess he doesn't want other people to know how he treats customer service workers... which is now one more thing he wanted that he can't have.

oh and he remembered to pick up the cash before he left

o_O A thousand dollars to fill a bottle? Betcha ten thousand dollars that money was stolen.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Or printed.

Comment

or still carried some powder from his last drug-sale.

granted, yeah... it's possible that non-criminal man just happened to be carrying around 1K in cash... but it's unusual enough to raise suspicion.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          Repeat ad nauseum until the next customer showed up, at which point the SC says "thanks mate" and leaves quickly. I guess he doesn't want other people to know how he treats customer service workers... which is now one more thing he wanted that he can't have.

oh and he remembered to pick up the cash before he left
          Methinks he didn't want any witnesses to the criminal act of bribery. Right now, it's your word and a mute camera (unless you have audio surveillance) against his.

However, methinks the police would like to know about attempted bribery. Especially when that person had vanity plates which are harder to forget.
          Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Working...
          X