Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unless you can fly, you will not make it here before close...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless you can fly, you will not make it here before close...

In fact, even if you could fly, you still would arrive to locked doors.

I don't have the full story, but I have most of it pieced together from various sources around the office.

This woman called our office sometime in the morning to ask about the status of her loan. We told her it had just come in yesterday, she can come pick it up today before we close at 5. (This was before we got the email telling us the College would be closing at 4 due to the snowstorm).

She calls back at 20 minutes to 4 with a story about how her car died and she's on her way now, at Street A and Street B. I know for a fact she will not make it with the traffic from the snow. She was told we close at 4.

She calls again, and is again told that we close at 4, and she will not make it. She evidently started arguing with the woman on the phone, because I heard, "Let me get the Loan Coordinator on the phone" and I had a phone shoved in my face.

I explain to her that she needs to come in to the office, pick up the release forms, then walk over to the cashier's office (in another building) to get the check. She then gets snotty with me saying that she doesn't need to go to the cashier, that she can cash the check at the bank. *Headdesk* I tell her again that we do not have the check in our office, she needs to go to the cashier. She continues on about the bank and whatnot. I remind her that we close in 5 minutes, and that she will not make it in time.

Now she gets angry, saying that she needs this money to pay her rent and she's going to get evicted and can't we just wait for 5 minutes blah blah. I tell her we close at 4, she says she'll be there in 5 minutes, then hangs up.

Evidently she called my boss (Why was I surprised by this?), who told her the same thing, and added that the cashier was already closed, would not open back up until Jan 2, and repeated that she would not make it here on time.

I half expected Boss Lady to make me wait for this woman, but she backed us all on it, wished us a Merry Christmas and told us to go home. She also told me that she hoped that woman was outside waiting for me. :P Thanks, boss.+

Why don't people listen? Yes, I feel bad. Her car died. Not my fault. I am not staying later than I have to when it's snowing like a btch outside and I have a driveway to clean.
    "Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop."
    - Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Quoth Bieshmahaw View Post
    Now she gets angry, saying that she needs this money to pay her rent and she's going to get evicted and can't we just wait for 5 minutes blah blah. I tell her we close at 4, she says she'll be there in 5 minutes, then hangs up.

Evidently she called my boss (Why was I surprised by this?), who told her the same thing, and added that the cashier was already closed, would not open back up until Jan 2, and repeated that she would not make it here on time.
    Unless she has a history of unpaid rent, and already has been put on notice, there is no way she can be evicted for being a few days late on rent. She may be charged a penalty, but not evicted.

Besides..."failure to plan....." and all that!
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
    X