This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best. Timing. Ever.

It's a common occurance in my store for someone to buy some clothes and actually wear them out of the store. We allow this, but if you're getting shoes, it's company policy that the cashier check both shoes to ensure that they're the same size.

Cashiers consequently hate it when people come up wearing the shoes they plan on purchasing, since they know that they're going to get bitched at by SCs. Really, people. It's company policy. We don't like doing it. It's an inconvenience to both of us. Nobody wants to look in your stinky shoes to see the sizes. (Half of the time, they've been walking around in those new shoes for more than an hour, plenty of time to build up a good funk. ) But it's the policy. We can get fired if we don't check. We don't care if you checked them already. We can't take your word for it. In fact, many people, who have one foot bigger than the other, will do this intentionally, so they get better fitting shoes without buying inserts to compensate for the smaller foot.

That rant builds up to a customer I had earlier. He comes up, slams a shoe box on the counter, and said "I checked them already." My headache started about here.

Me: "I'm sorry, but we have to check them here."
    Guy: "I checked them. They're both 9 and a half. Ring them up."
    Me: "I'm sorry, but it's company policy that we check them."
    Guy: "They're 9 and a half. RING THEM UP!!!!!!one!!!!!!111!!!1"
    Me: "I'm sorry, bu-"
    Guy: "They're both nine and a half!!!! Ring them up you bit-...Ring them up!!!!!"
    Me: ::thinking:: Oh, you did NOT almost call me a bitch! Alrighty then, if we're gonna play that game... ::summons manager::
    MOD: "Yes, how can I help you?"
    Guy: :: points at be so hard and fast that he almost stabbed me with his finger:: "She wants me to take off my shoes!!!!111!!11oneeleven!!!!!"
    MOD: "Yes, sir, it's company policy that we do that. You have to take them off so we can check them.
    Guy: "I should just walk out this store with them right now!!!!"
    MOD: Sir, you either take them off, or you leave without them."
    Guy: "FINE!!!1!!!!!"

He took off then shoes, threw them on the counter, and the manager checked them. They were the same size.(Really...Why throw the tantrum when there's nothing to throw a tantrum about? ) The manager walked off, but stayed within earshot, in case anything happened. Meanwhile, I finished ringing the sale.

Guy: ::to me:: "You know, you need to learn to respect customers. I make more money than you ever will. I'm 10 times better at anything you do...(blah, blah...extended rant on how he's a better person than me.)
    Me: ::ignores him, completes transaction::
    Guy: "What do you have to say to that, huh?"
    Me: ::hands him his bag:: "Have a nice day! "

I wish my timing was that good all the time!
    "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."
    -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

Quoth ShinyKitsune View Post
    Guy: "What do you have to say to that, huh?"
    Me: ::hands him his bag:: "Have a nice day! "
    Burn! I bet that just drove him nuts.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

You know it really drives them crazy when they are losing it and you're as cool as a cucumber in a deep freeze and twice as polite..buuhawhahahah
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
        You know it really drives them crazy when they are losing it and you're as cool as a cucumber in a deep freeze and twice as polite..buuhawhahahah
        Killing them with kindness works every time.

And, as an added bonus, it makes them look like the much bigger asshole (ie, smaller weenie).
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

He may make 10 times more money than you, but the downside to that is his penis is probably 10 times smaller than a newborn baby's, and his vehicle is probably 10 times larger than necessary.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm 10 times worse at anything you do
            fixed for accuracy.

cos men who have to spout off about how good they are... usually aren't (this applies to size and performance too)

Comment

I would look at the price of the shoes(and if they are cheap ones)go really well in that case why are you shopping here?I buy the same ones.
              I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                Even better if they are rude AND in a rush. Make sure to be polite as possible, count back change, use any and all greetings/byes.

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
                  I would look at the price of the shoes(and if they are cheap ones)go really well in that case why are you shopping here?I buy the same ones.
                  Or, alternately: "And you shop here? I only wear designer, myself."

Or: "And apparently cheap."

Comment

I can not stand people that throw out the money issue and have the viewpoint that because they make X amount of dollars per year are better than those that don't. You handled it perfectly but I can just imagine what you really wanted to say!

Comment

Interesting how he claims to be ten times better, yet never learned proper courtesy. Even funnier if you point out that the rednecks shopping have much better manners. But hey, I'm evil like that
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah, I love when people throw out how much money they make, yet they're shopping at my store, which is supposed to be extremely cheap.

Comment

To back up an analogy already somewhat made in this thread, announcing the size of your income is much like announcing the size of your penis. If you have to volunteer that info it comes off as untrue. If it is true then you probably aren't announcing it, and have no need to.

Comment

I have only had one person start in with the "I make more money than you so I am better" whining... at which point I smiled VERY sweetly and said that yes, the job I was doing was not to everyone's taste, but the schedule was flexible and I enjoyed meeting all the different people, since I was going back to university for my second degree. In psychology.

Funny how nice she was after that... some people (mostly those with a guilty conscience, I think!) seem to believe that studying psychology makes one telepathic and able to analyze their deepest darkest secrets.*

*(Hell, anyone who's worked retail or customer service for long enough can do that anyway!)

Comment

Working...
                            X