This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's kinda rude

I just noticed this happens a lot. A person, or in this case a teen, will ask a question in a rather pissy way and if they don't like the answer or are just being pains, they will not respond or even awknowledge me after I reply.

Tonight:

SC: teenage girl, been here for two days

I had told these two girls that they can't get on the computer unless they are 18 or have a parent or guardian with them. They didn't like that....of course not!

SC: *leans on desk like she hates me* So why do we need a parent with us to get on that computer?
    Me: Well, we don't controll access to things on the internet over there so we can't be held responsible for what could be viewed. So we ask for a parent to be here or a person be at least 18.

Teen girl doesn't even ackloweledge my answer and was texting or playing with her cell phone the entire time. She ignores me and walks away.

I assume she thought my answer wouldn't makse sense.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Edit: One Hundred Posts! Woo Hoo!!!!

Quoth thehippie777 View Post

SC: *leans on desk like she hates me*
    How? I can't picture that.

Teen girl doesn't even ackloweledge my answer and was texting or playing with her cell phone the entire time. She ignores me and walks away.

I wish I could rip their phones out of their hands when they do that. Grrrrrrr.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Well she glared, huffed, and showed annoyance with me.
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Hippie, I think if you sigh, pout, huff, twirl your hair and start your answer with "Well, like, um..." they'll understand you. Bonus points if you chew your gum with your mouth open.
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
          Hippie, I think if you sigh, pout, huff, twirl your hair and start your answer with "Well, like, um..." they'll understand you. Bonus points if you chew your gum with your mouth open.

WIN.

That is all. *snicker*

Comment

Short answer: How about 'cause them's the rules.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
              Well she glared, huffed, and showed annoyance with me.
              Probably because that's the first time anyone has told her 'no' in her life. She sounds like a spoiled brat who has always had her way growing up.

I wonder how long it'll be until Mommy come in & starts in with you, for daring to tell her precious that she can't do something?
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

or if she doesn't respond she can claim she didn't hear you.... not that it'll get her out of trouble if she surfs there while underage

Comment

Working...
                X