This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gift card HELL

Last week, 2 people came in and wanted to buy $4500 in gift cards. OK, we cleared it through the check place and our office, and all went well.

The "lady" came back today and wanted 14 $50 gift cards. $700 worth. Keep that in mind.

Bossman and I both vocally confirmed before I even counted out the cards to scan that she wanted $50 cards.

I get 10 rung up (that's $500 if you are counting along) and she says, "Oh. wait. I wanted $25 cards." And then she has the nerve to tell me to not get angry, that she's there all the time AND that she spent $4500 last week. (That was a company check, not her own money, so I am not the least bit impressed by that.)

She just fucked up the paperwork for the entire day and for tomorrow, too.

I had to call to get all the cards deactivated (NOT a fun time), and then Bossman had to call the office so tomorrow they can try to get it out of the system.

My drawer was off $500 because of her (I had to ring up the $25 cards, which messed up my drawer, too...). I told Bossman that I refuse to deal with her is she comes back again next week. I'm pretty sure he'll make sure I'm busy in the back room next week.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Wow-she ignores you and your boss asked her if she wants $50 gift cards, changes her mind, and then thinks that it will be all OK because she ran an errand for her company? Methinks she deserved a little bit of Irish diplomacy.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Wow.

-a-thon right here!!!!!!!!!!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ugh, I hate, no I loathe that phrase, "I'm in here all the time . . ." usually it's the people you see the least who say the phrase (and who want special priviledges/discounts).

Did you make her stand and wait for all the $50 cards to be deactivated? I hope she saw all the trouble you had to go through to redo the whole transaction . . .
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

"I'm in here all the time" is right up there with, "I know your manager/boss/owner" ...I don't care!!!!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

when you hear "Im in here all the time"

you reply "Then you should know the rules by now"
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I forgot to ask...how'd the paperwork turn out?
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've posted this before, but worth repeating...at my one bar, we give discounts to regulars. Not locals, as many places do, but regulars.

So, this idiot bar guest orders drinks from a bartender that has literally been there for years. He then asks for the "locals" price.

BT: "We don't give locals prices, just special prices to regulars."
                IBG: "Oh, I know. I'm a regular. I'm here all time."
                BT: "Really? What's my name?"
                IBG: "...."

He paid full price.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                  when you hear "Im in here all the time"

you reply "Then you should know the rules by now"
                  That's clever, I'll have to remember that!
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Paperwork turned out fine after the office types fixed it. Bossman had a time trying to explain what had happened.

Next week, a coworker will be coming in, so there is an extra good chance that I won't have to deal if she/they come in again (hopefully after 9:00!)...

Lady came in yesterday, bought a cup of coffee...with a $50 gift card (apparently she was one of the people who got some out the $4500 batch). I was polite and cheerful to her and she didn't say one word to me.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                      Lady came in yesterday, bought a cup of coffee...with a $50 gift card (apparently she was one of the people who got some out the $4500 batch). I was polite and cheerful to her and she didn't say one word to me.

Did she recognize you?

Glad to know the paperwork turned out well.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

if I heard "I'm in here all the time" from a non-regular, my reply would be "no, I'M in here all the time and I haven't seen you in quite awhile."

Comment

I have it on good authority (and have proof, too) that she came in last night and bought 15 $25 cards. I heard she was pretty snippy again.

I guess she didn't want to talk to me. I wonder why? I'm a pleasant person.

Comment

I found that if the person argued that they were "here all the time" they weren't worth the effort. They were the ones with a coupon every week trying to get all their pictures for free...

Even better was when they would prefix that with, "But, I'm such a good customer." I used to love pulling purchase histories to confirm how very wrong that statement was!
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                            X