This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online shopping

My company has an online site where you can shop 24/7. You can even change your gift registry online. Thing is, a lot of items are online-only. I have absolutely no way to get them in the store. We do not have site-to-store (which gets you free shipping because you drive to the store).
    Lot of in-store items are also online, and in stock even if my store is out. So I get people who want something that I am out of, maybe discontinued, and they don't want to drive cross town to get it at one of our other stores. It's online too. Sometimes the website has exclusive discounts to try to make up for shipping costs.
    You know what people say? "I don't want to enter my personal info online." yea... ok. You don't need to enter a social security # online (unless you apply for the credit card). It's a name and address. Your cc# is *encrypted*. Banks have ID theft protection. Just look for the httpS:// in the URL. the S means it's secure. If you don't have a CC (or debit with a credit logo), you can guy a store gift card to use online, or a pre-paid CC. You have options.
    Sometimes I think people just don't want to solve their problems. I can't work miracles. you have to be willing to meet me half way.
    Before you ask, think about it. Think really hard. I have back, but I don't have any more in the back.

"I don't want to enter my personal info online."
    Then pony up the gas and go to the other store lol, or do without.

seriously way too entitled

Comment

Also, this is exactly what things like prepaid credit cards can be used for. Or, I'm pretty sure there's some way to get MasterCard or Visa to give you some kind of "one time use" number that will attached to your actual credit card for the transaction, but not be valid again so there isn't a risk of someone stealing it (I know I read about that at one time, I need to find it again).

There are ways around it. I mean, I guess I can understand being cautious, but not to want to do it at ALL?
      I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post
        Or, I'm pretty sure there's some way to get MasterCard or Visa to give you some kind of "one time use" number that will attached to your actual credit card for the transaction, but not be valid again so there isn't a risk of someone stealing it (I know I read about that at one time, I need to find it again).
        Like the Pinsentry? Barclays use it as a security feature when you log onto your online bank account. Don't think I've seen one for online purchases though Apparently they are using it for online transactions, possibly in conjunction with the Verified by Visa feature
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I once read an article from somebody claiming that my company's lack of an online store would contribute to it going out of business.

Sometimes (and by that I mean "usually") I think that is a good thing. No people demanding something that's sold on the website only, no people demanding we match the online price, no people trying to return an online-only item to the store, etc.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

At the pool store, you could order it online, and have it either shipped to the store where you could pick it up, or shipped to your house which took longer and often times was out of our control.

Try to explain that to the hundred or so people I dealt with who would order something and bitch when it hadn't shown up, and then bitch again when I tell them of course it's not in the warehouse because you paid to ship it to your doorstep. I wish we didn't have a store site.

Comment

OMG. Luckily my store does the ordering for our online in our register People feel much more secure knowing they paid in store. Lets not figure in the fact that the info has to be transmitted to corporate through guess what a network. And yes ours is wired so it might be more secure but if somebody really wanted YOUR information they could get it.

Comment

Debit Visa

Quoth persephone View Post
                Also, this is exactly what things like prepaid credit cards can be used for. Or, I'm pretty sure there's some way to get MasterCard or Visa to give you some kind of "one time use" number that will attached to your actual credit card for the transaction, but not be valid again so there isn't a risk of someone stealing it (I know I read about that at one time, I need to find it again).
                I just got a Debit Visa card. There is $25 bucks on it with no overdraft protection, good luck living high off the hog with that.

The main reason I got it is for going on cruises. Just before a cruise I will put on only what I think I will need and not a penny more. My main bank account is accessed with a debit card that I will never use on the cruise unless there is a major problem. Protecting oneself is not that hard.

Comment

Working...
                X