This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Knightmare View Post
    Do you realize how much paint you have to buy to get up to $5000? Roughly 239 gallons at $21/gallon. Don't you think I would notice all the empty shelves where the paint you bought would be? And who, besides Bill Gates, has a house that big? That's a 96,000 sq. ft. house.
    Yeah, that sounds like bullshit to me as well. My wife and I repainted every room in our house a few years back (they had used that cheapass crappy paint that marks up if you even look at it the wrong way, and won't come clean no matter what you do), and I think we bought about $600 worth of paint for that. And we got all kinds of weird looks from the other customers when we went thru the line with that many cans of paint on our cart.

Even if we had painted the house inside and out, there's no way in hell it would come anywhere near $5000.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Maybe it's the fact that I deal with colors all day long as a printer but I can understand how different brands of paint with a different formulation will look different with the same dyes & tints applied. If a manufacture designs a paint to look a certain way, the base may also have properties to affect how the color will age over time as well including fading and peeling.

If I was you, I would stick the finished 5 gallon buckets of the good stuff under the desk in hopes that the dumb cow comes back with her tail between her legs and you can resell them to her at the full price and not a reduced price since it's pre-mixed.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I wish I could do that; however, inventory is coming up next week and we have to get rid of all the "Oops Paint" so they (managemant) don't have to count it and lose out on their bonuses.
        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Ohhh, the "miss-tint" vultures.

I may have to do a thread on them, they are an SC in a class of their own.

If it wasn't for the fact that they buy all the Oops paint, I might go postal with a weed wacker on them.
          "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Working...
          X