Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last thoughtless comment I got wasn't from an SC, but from a coworker. There's a guy who motors through the store pretty often who is very obviously gay. The other night, he passed by, we waved at each other, and he went off to whatever isle he needed stuff from.
    Dumbass Coworker: "God, he creeps me out."
    Me: "Oh? why's that? He's been nothing but nice to me."
    DC: "Oh, I dunno, I'm just afraid that he's gonna like, hit on me. Not that I have anything against gays, or anything."
    Me: "DC, GIRLS don't even hit on you." (I need to mention that DC is a compete, utter nerd, I mean this in a bad way. I'm a geeky nerd, my husband is a geeky nerd, but this guy gives nerds a bad name.)
    DC:"Uhhhhhh.......--backpedal backpedal---..I don't really hang out with a lot of girls...just you guys...and most of you are all married...."
    Me: Cackle!

Comment

You know, it would be really funny to mention that the camp customer probably thinks about other men at various times when enjoying himself, and see how DC reacts.

I predict his voice would rise at least an octave for half an hour.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        And the scout thing...I, personally, don't like or support the Boy Scouts of America.
        I got my Eagle badge in 1994, and then left the organization. I didn't have the time to help out anymore, nor did I like the way things were going with the local council.

I don't support them much either. I *do* support the local troop, and Cub Scout pack....since I was a member. I do *not* support the local council. These were the same people who made working at camp hell, simply because of all the bullshit "regulations" they came up with. They also got into trouble for doing some interesting things regarding hourly pay--because they were a nonprofit organization, they could get away with paying their staff extremely low wages. We're talking below minimum wage here, folks. What was starting to happen, is the camp would actually refuse to rehire long-term staffers, simply because they could hire younger kids and pay them less. They'd then turn around and bitch about how everyone was "inexperienced."

This, along with the discrimination against gay people, are just a few legal loopholes they've been able to exploit.

Now that I've bored everyone... Let me tell you about my own experience at the Jyunt Iggle (Giant Eagle, supermarket for you not from Pittsburgh). I'm not sure why, but one night I could barely walk. I sometimes have knee problems when it's cold or damp. However, since I was out of food, I had no choice but to go out. I'm minding my own business, trying to walk and push the cart...when some asshole made a comment about how "cripples should stay home." Since it was around 10:30 at night, I didn't hesitate to give him the finger The look on his face as he walked into a sign was great
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
          Dumbass Coworker: "God, he creeps me out."
          Me: "Oh? why's that? He's been nothing but nice to me."
          DC: "Oh, I dunno, I'm just afraid that he's gonna like, hit on me. Not that I have anything against gays, or anything."
          Me: "DC, GIRLS don't even hit on you." (I need to mention that DC is a compete, utter nerd, I mean this in a bad way. I'm a geeky nerd, my husband is a geeky nerd, but this guy gives nerds a bad name.)
          DC:"Uhhhhhh.......--backpedal backpedal---..I don't really hang out with a lot of girls...just you guys...and most of you are all married...."
          Me: Cackle!
          My response to things like that is taken from a Bobcat Goldthwait routine. "No, you're afraid he won't hit on you. Then girls won't like you, guys won't like you, and sheep will still be afraid of you"

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
            My response to things like that is taken from a Bobcat Goldthwait routine. "No, you're afraid he won't hit on you. Then girls won't like you, guys won't like you, and sheep will still be afraid of you"
            Gah! I broke the rule! You owe me a paper towel to wash this off my monitor!
            Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Ever notice that the guys who claim to be afraid "gays will hit on them" are guys who NOBODY would hit on?

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                The look on his face as he walked into a sign was great
                HERE'S YER SIGN! BAM!
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth cheese View Post
                  Argh, had some customers today who just really need to THINK before they speak.

As she finished and moved away, the couple came through, and said "People like that shouldn't be allowed to come shopping on their own when its busy." Worst of all, the first lady was sitting on a chair nearby, still in earshot.
                  "And yet, somehow, you managed to leave your house and get here all on your little own. Amazing." said with as much sarcasm as possible.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I've been known to stick up for my customers when things like that happen, it makes me feel good to do it.

But I mean some people, even if you don't like the boy scouts, all you have to say is "I don't give to the boy scouts." and leave it at that.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Ever notice that the guys who claim to be afraid "gays will hit on them" are guys who NOBODY would hit on?
                      He lives with his girlfriend. When he told me that, I think my head exploded. I totally had him pegged for a virgin....

Comment

Are we sure the "girlfriend" is a) human and b) non-inflatable?
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

He brought her in one time, so unless she was pulling a MIB thing, she was human, and not ugly, either.
                          Whatever floats her boat, I suppose.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                            He brought her in one time, so unless she was pulling a MIB thing, she was human, and not ugly, either.
                            Whatever floats her boat, I suppose.
                            *scope for random cute girl*
                            "Hey there, I'll give you $40 if you pretend to be my girlfriend for a bit."

Done and done

Comment

Working...
                            X