Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sofar, a nickel a cup for ketchup?!? What a bunch of d**ks!

Back to the OP, if the AG had been a Cashier, she should understand that different stores have different policies, and that no matter how stupid the customer, or employee thinks the policy is, they must follow it.

To me, her attutude makes the AG a Suckier Sucky Customer, than your average, run of the mill Sucky Customer.

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Lately, I have been checking every bill that is $50 or over. I check for the security strip and water mark. Back before I had my dectector pen, I noticed that a couple of security strips on a few $50 bills were fuzzy. There are a couple of key features I check when I ask for ID when selling cigs or cough syrups.

Guess you can never be too careful.
      At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

cinnamaniac snarked at me ;-) thusly:Well, that's not the way they do things at our store. Not to mention the fact that the front end desk is about, let's see, 10 seconds away from the registers and the whole bill check thing takes no longer than 30 seconds. Sure, having a pen would be convenient or doing it ourselves might be, but our store just isn't run that way. Still, anyone who gets that annoyed for a 30 second or less wait has some serious issues.

edit: i re-read this and realized it sounded snarky. It really wasn't meant to be at all. It's more directed toward the customer. Your point does make sense, but like, they just don't do it and the front end is rather close. Sorry about that.
        I understand what you meant, no offense taken. Most of the stores I've been in the process you described would take more than a mere 30 seconds. Also those detector pens are rather comoon so i thought.

I didnt mean to sound snarky at you either (I realize some of what I said might have sounded like I was) I just dont feel very comfortable with that procedure myself either. Of course the odds of me encountering your store are statistically nonzero but not significant.

Comment

I would have looked at that snotty chick and said "Whatever YOU did at wherever YOU worked doesn't matter, because you didn't work here. Obviously the two places are going to have some different policies." (While thinking that hey-they hired this chick, they must have low standards.) And if she's still snotty, if possible pull out another $50 from the drawer, show her the mark and inform them that no, the world does NOT revolve around them, they have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Of course I just have a headache that won't go away and am pissy because I have to go to work tomorrow after two days off.

Comment

Quoth cinnamaniac View Post
            Hi, I'm new. I've been lurking for a while now, enjoying all of your stories, but today I actually got my own very first customer that really annoyed me.

Me = Me
            AG = Annoying Girl
            HD = Her Dad

Me: "Your total is 48.52."
            HD: "Here you go." *hands me a 50 dollar bill*

Now in the grocery store where I work, it is policy to take 50's and 100's to the front end for them to check and mark the bills. If an unsigned bill goes into that register, you get written up.

Me: *brings the 50 to the front end*
            AG: *mutters something* Her and her dad look at me and she scoffs and gives me the evil eye. I hear her say on my way back "Yeah, because something is OBVIOUSLY wrong with us. Our money is fake."
            Me: *smiles at her* "What was that? You know, our policy here is that the front end must sign all 50's and 100's before we put them in our tills. It wasn't 'just you'."
            AG: *looks at her dad and they both laugh* I have worked as a cashier and we would hold up the 50's to the light to see if they were counterfeit or not. Do you NOT know how to do that?"
            Me: "Yes, I do, but as I stated.. this is our store's policy."
            AG: "Yes, and as I just stated I've worked as a cashier before and we did not do that, so obviously you chose to single us out."
            Me: *has the urge to say so many evil things to her, but doesn't give in* "That's nice, here is your change sir, have a nice day."
            AG: "Unbelievable."
            HD: "It figures."

and they exit. Oh, I was so mad. I hate condescending people like that. Sometimes I wish I could just say whatever I want to, but unfortunately I can't.

That sucks. It does NOT matter if the woman was a checker or not....if its your store policy to have $50 or $100 bills checked before putting them into your till then sorry she is gonna have to deal with it. We have WIC people who come in and expect an exchange, refund or a different product then stated on thier voucher which is a big no-no. We have had those people say "Well....such and such store does it...." we explain that this is NOT such and such store and that it is AGAINST STORE POLICY for us to do an exchange, refund, or a totaly different product other than what is stated. (it is even agaisnt the WIC policy if I'm not mistaken) anywhoo.....the BIGGEST "sin" we can ever commit is telling said customer "I am NOT going to loose my job because you want a refund, exchange, or a different product." Apparently policy or no policy saying that statement is like telling the customer to F*ck Off in their eyes. But yeah....we MUST adhere to our policies regarding WIC; we actually had to write up an employee for not adhereing to the WIC program; and it was his first offense!s
            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
              Umm forgive me for being dense but why couldn't they give you one of those detector pens? Seems like thats just baiting the SCs not to mention innefficient by having you stop everythign walk over to the front and have them check it. Not having worked as a cashier I don't see why you couldn't check the bills yourself instead of the front desk. Or do they actually log who paid and with how much? I think I'd be a bit bothered by the way your store does thigns too. Not to say I would go off on the cashier's or anything just might politely question it and not shop there again with big bills is all.
              The detector pens are far from foolproof, which has been pointed out ad-nauseum on these boards.
              I'm betting that Cinnamaniac's store has had some issues with getting passed fake bills in the past, more so than normal, so instituted this policy to try and reduce that even further. It seems inefficient to me, too, but hey, I'm not gonna get all pissy and stupid just because of that.
              Honestly, some of these SC's think they're SOOO special, just because they are subjected to the occasional policy.

Comment

Quoth cinnamaniac View Post
                AG: "Yes, and as I just stated I've worked as a cashier before and we did not do that, so obviously you chose to single us out."
                My response in your situation. "While you may have been a cashier before, it is quite apparant that you have never been a cashier here at this store. If you had you would have understood that this policy comes from management and that we as cashiers have no say in the matter. As a fellow cashier I'm sure you have had your share of rules and regs come down from on high that you thought didn't make sense."

Why is the world suddenly filled with anal-dwelling [censored] monkeys?

M
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                X